Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Transmission code 14 "Linear (line pressure control) solenoid open or shorted"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission code 14 "Linear (line pressure control) solenoid open or shorted"

The car is a 95 accord Ex f22b1 Vtec, with an Automatic Transmission.

The TCU is trowing a code 14 "Linear (line pressure control) solenoid open or shorted."

I would like to know how to replace this solenoid, but my research is telling me that it is located in one of the computers, (ECU/TCU). One post on here indicated that it is one of the union wires connecting directly from TCU to the ECU.

I have already swapped in another set of computers, (from another 95 accord EX) but he is still experienceing problems. His car sometimes stalls and will not start back up for about 45 minutes to an hour, and he says its reading code 14 on the D4 light.

any and all help would be deeply appreciated

Thanks for your time. KB7
    _

Hey Ken, long time...

That "sometimes stalls and will not start back up for about 45 minutes to an hour" is most likely the Main Relay. For the TCU issue, try checking that the harness plug is connecting properly, also the plugs on the 2 solenoids attached on the transmission are properly connected. addtionally, check that the plug itself doesnt have a burned/melted connector. Reset the ECU/TCU by removing the positive on the battery for 10secs.

If that doesnt work, swing by the JY and pick up the solenoids from a lower mileage (if possible) transmission, and replace them.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

hey Nelson, yeah it has been a long time.

thanks for the to do list I'll get on it. Main Relay, That darn thing is always messing up our cars.

solenoids as in shift and lockup solenoids?
      that is great because i already have three sets of spares.

Thanks
      _

Comment

Originally posted by KB7 View Post
        hey Nelson, yeah it has been a long time.

thanks for the to do list I'll get on it. Main Relay, That darn thing is always messing up our cars.

solenoids as in shift and lockup solenoids?
        that is great because i already have three sets of spares.

Thanks
        Main Relay: yep, very common...easy fix.

Now I was just thinking...if it actually stalls while driving, it can mean other issues like the fuel pump on its way out, so keep that in mind if it continues after main relay swap or repair. As for the solenoids, I dont know their exact nomenclatures, but they are the ones mounted on the actual transmission. Replace them both Id recommend.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Now this is just my understanding as I read all about this online, months ago, the lockup solenoid knowledge came from a huge article (with pictures) about how autotranny's work, from a forum about pontiac fieros...
          there are more technical terms that I am neglecting at times, as I read about this about 2 or three months ago. In a nutshell though its not bad I think.

The two solenoid packs, are the shift solenoid, (lower one), and lockup solenoid, (upper one).

Shift solenoid problems are pretty straight forward and easy to recognize. If the car shifts funny due to shift solenoid problems, it will either go in limp mode then throw the subsequent code, or continue shifting funny. usually only one of two mounted side by side solenoids will act up at any given time, putting the tranny in safe mode, disabling 2 of the gears in the process.

The lockup solenoid controls the lockup in the drive gears, (D3 & D4), which engages overdrive and lowers the rpms in an effort to save gas. I have been thinking that this solenoid might actually be the trouble maker, becuase if you are in Overdrive, (lockup activated), and decelerate, according to my research, and the lockup does not disengage, it usualy causes the car to stall once you try to accelerate again. On my car, (experienced this personally, (both solenoidds failed simultaneously), hence why I have extra solenoids), the car did stall, but I shifted it to neutral, and restarted the car, and shifted manually until I replaced the solenoids.

A lockup solenoid failure can make the car stall, but "should" have no effect on the ability to restart the car after experiancing said failure.

As far as line pressure control solenoid, I am at a loss, google does not really help much on the issue.
          Last edited by KB7; 01-20-2012, 09:48 PM.
          _

Comment

Working...
          X