Rear beam AT vs MT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear beam AT vs MT?

Is the rear beam (it carries the steering rack and the back motor mount) different for an automatic transmission car than for a manual?

I know the motor mount is different.
    ==========================
    1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
    1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
    Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
    Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
    M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
    Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

i just replaced mine today. i pulled one from a 1991 auto lx accord and it bolted into my 93 ex manual coupe. they are all the same.
    COUPE K24

Comment

IIRC the only difference is 3 or 4 bolt for the rear motor mount.
      93 Ex i know for sure use 4 bolt.
      LX and DX use 3 bolt
      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

it is the same "crossmember" and all of them have 5 threaded bolt holes to fit both styles of rear mount.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Thanks! I forgot that I had asked this question. I found the thread while searching for old threads that might have addressed the same issue! d'Oh!

We got hit in the front right corner. It would have pushed the front right wheel in and forward. The mounting points on the rear beam were messed up, so I got one from the JY. It was off an auto-tranny car. I swapped the motor mount out. At the next race the front LEFT axle pulled out of the inner CV boot twice! I haven't had time to take it to get an alignment. The body/frame shops want to see the numbers from an alignment before they will talk $$ to diagnose. I'm assuming it is a bent chassis. I can't for the life of me find what is wrong, or figure out why this is on the opposite side from the accident.
          ==========================
          1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
          1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
          Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
          Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
          M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
          Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Working...
          X