CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 06-16-2013, 02:50 AM   #1
miketuppercb7
Newcomer

miketuppercb7 is cool... so far.
d4 constantly on only second and third when i dont reset the car

ok so my d4 light is still on i got my tcu repaird still no good solinoids work and if i pull the back up mem fuse the car starts in park with out the d4 light on then it will shift normally untill i shut the car off and if i dont reset it agen the d4 light is on on startup in park aswell as the park light and only 2 & 3 work on the shifter when driving and you must shift it manually from 2 - 3 becuas in d4 it feels like its in third gear also i replaced the main relay thinking it might have been tht ohh and the shift switch aswell solinoids do work and when car is shifting after reset in d4 1-4 shifts great so something is building up errors and excuse my language fuking me on start up on anothr note if i reset the car and put the backup mem fuse in the d4 light will go on
im going to try jumping the wires from the tcu to the solinoids directly to bypass all those shotty old connectors hopefully ill see some light at the end of this long ass money pit
miketuppercb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
Hoarfest
Newcomer

Hoarfest is cool... so far.
I would start by checking both ECU and TCU. Check the capacitors, the resistors and if there is any sign of burning.

Go step by step. Diagnose 1st then you swith wires around. Get a multimeter.. that could help you pinpoint the issue.

Check your grounds too.. can always help.
Hoarfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #3
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
I can't read that incredibly long sentence... so I'm going to assume 2 things. 1) that you didn't bother to read the thread at the top of this section that says "read here first", and 2) that you haven't bothered checking the error code that the D4 is indicating.

Do both. I guarantee that will answer your question.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
Hoarfest
Newcomer

Hoarfest is cool... so far.
Always do what he says ^
dnt listen to me...
lol
Hoarfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #5
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Your advice was good, but only AFTER the codes are read (and the ECU has absolutely nothing to do with the D4.)

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #6
ChristOnAcRUTCH
Newcomer

Location: I Am that I Am... er sumthin... ayers rock is where it all started... used to be a big tree there... it was swell.
ChristOnAcRUTCH is cool... so far.
wide range of problems with known good components:

sounds like clogged velve body or your rebuilt tcu is bogus or mismatched...
if those tcm codes dont get you anywhere, but your tcu checks out:
i would check my wiring and my main voltage regulator.
check resistance according to specs youd have to look up, and unplug the tcu harness and check for shorts to ground (while someone bounces the front end around -if its ever been recked front or side)
if there is any front end damage on the car's history, visually inspect for breaks or match ends and do individual continuity checks... youll need a voltimeeter, and a friend... or a cleverly bent paperclips as a spring-mount for your tcu-side lead.
once you rule out wiring and all thats attatched... either take it off and pull it apart after watching youtube videos untill youre dreaming about it... its trash anyways, so you might as well learn something. (again, if the ts procedures according to the codes dont work and your wiring is good)
or swap the tranny out to something low miles and sportier like a 95 prelude at or do a manual.... think of repairs as a chance to upgrade and never give up on the best body-style honda ever made
ChristOnAcRUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:15 AM   #7
accordztech
CB7tuner Member

accordztech is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to accordztech
Check codes, then open computer to see if anything is burnt. If not then fix whatever the codes are pointing to.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good
accordztech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
auto tranny , d4 light on , help me , tcu

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: