No announcement yet.

Grumpys93 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So solved most issues. The Speedometer was not working due to me plugging the EGR plug into the VSS and not the correct one. In my post above I asked what the plug with orange, yellow, and black wire went to and guess what that's the VSS harness. I forgot that the VSS plugs into the driver side harness.

Code 3: Was solved when I rewired the Accord Map sensor back in.

Code 41: I replaced the o2 sensor and it works great

I still haven't replaced the IAT sensor yet simply because I haven't bought a stubby yet and I don't want to strip out the screws or remove the intake.

I had to return the passenger side axle, as I took it for a test drive I kept hearing and feeling the axle pop out. Low and behold the Advanced Auto axle that I bought brand new did not come with a c clip installed. Got the new axle with the C clip and it holds the axle in place.

I also purchased a set of 2007 civic SI rims with decent tires. I tried mounting them last night but the fronts are rubbing on the Caliber, so it looks like I am going to have to run a 5mm spacer. Not something I want to do but I loved how they looked when I saw them on Jak FrostwHite's CB.

Also got the exhaust welded up with a flex pipe and now the car isn't embarrassing loud to drive.

Anyways no pictures this thread but wanted to give you guys an update.
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 12-09-2017, 12:02 PM.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Sweet update. I hadn't realized your car has been sitting for quite that long.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
        Sweet update. I hadn't realized your car has been sitting for quite that long.
        Ya it's been a long time, but glad that wait is finally over.

So as I stated earlier I picked up some 07 Civic Si rims with decent tires for pretty cheap.

Had to buy 5mm wheel spacers for them to clear the calibers but they look great and sit pretty flush with the car. I have been checking the torque on the lug nuts after every drive. So far so good. I do plan to get extended studs in the near future, but for now I am happy with the set up.

I still have a lot of cosmetic work to do on the car, for now I am just enjoying driving the car. I have to say the T2W4 transmission really makes a difference when it comes to scooting along. I don't care for the 3200-3500 rpm at 70 mph but I knew what I was getting into. Maybe later on Ill swap out the 5th gear of the F22 so it isn't too bad. I've only put about a 100 miles on it since I got it up and running so I haven't been beating on the clutch too much. I did take it up to 8k rpm the other day and that was fun.

I plan to go to a junkyard when they have their next deal and pull an f22a head as well as pick up some small things. As well as try to identify where the last two plugs I have go.
        Last edited by Grumpys93; 12-09-2017, 12:03 PM.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Great progress Nick! I love the look of the wheels on the car as well.

What are the 2 plugs you have left?
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Car looks real good. Nice color too.
            5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Great update ! 8 years. wow... It's running fine?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                Great update ! 8 years. wow... It's running fine?
                It’s tough to say....I believe it’s running rich as it spits a nice flame when I give it a go and shift. I also notice my fuel level goes down quick with some popping when I let the engine compression brake.

I also have developed a coolant leak, I think I know where it’s coming from, which I believe it’s the hose going from the water pipe to the heater core. This hose was a stretch to get it to reach. I think rockauto sent me the wrong hose. Should be an easy fix.

I’m heading to an all you can carry event at my local PAP on Sunday to pull a F22a6 head and a bunch of other miscellaneous things. Need to start buying parts for that head and sell the parts I have for the F22B. So standby for that for sale thread.
                ~Nick~

Comment

Went to one of the local PAP for a all you can carry. This is what I came out with:

That's a trunk lid,
                  f22a1 head (was attempting to pull an a6 head but found a head bolt that was stripped so that was a no go)
                  misc hoses/ gaskets
                  driver side headlight/bracket
                  radiator reservoir
                  bumper light socket and bulbs
                  trunk drain plugs
                  windshield cowling
                  fuses
                  relays
                  what looks like a brand new distributor with blue NGK spark plug wires
                  front grill
                  other small interior pieces....

Not a bad haul for $82.00. Also found $16.00 on the ground so in reality it was only $66 for all that.

The h22 is fun but I miss the feeling of boost. So with that said,
                  Just purchased a cylinder gasket set. Planning on dropping the f22a at the machine shop to get it cleaned and milled back to true. Decided I want to o back to SOHC.

Look for a for sale thread for parts from the F22b i.e Bisimoto stainless steel valves and cam gears
                  Last edited by Grumpys93; 01-20-2018, 12:17 AM.
                  ~Nick~

Comment

The self-service junkyards around me never seem to offer those types of sales down here in Texas. At least not that I've seen in Houston or DFW. Very jealous. Looks like you got a pretty good haul!
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                      The self-service junkyards around me never seem to offer those types of sales down here in Texas. At least not that I've seen in Houston or DFW. Very jealous. Looks like you got a pretty good haul!
                      Ya they usually do this twice a year. Once around Christmas and once around July 4th. I could have carry more stuff but I was running out of time and had to get home to help wife with our daughter.

Here is some updates for you guys:

My wife would never buy a car part for me, even if they were the only things on my Birthday List, Christmas List,etc.. Well she surprised me this year after 7 years of marriage with this:

I was so happy to get rid of my cheap, crappy ebay steering wheel.

After driving the cb around for a bit, I recently developed a coolant leak and am hoping I found it. It is a steady stream and it was dripping off the steering rack n pinion cover. I think it was the clamp to the heater core hose. But I will find out tomorrow.

Anyways I got my old boost gauge and oil pressure gauge working again though I plan to replace them eventually with better ones.

I also started taking apart the f22a head I got from the junkyard and sent the cam to Delta Camshaft were they are doing a 272 regrind on it. I should be getting it back this week. I will then send the head to get all new valve stem seals, 3 angle valve job, check every valve and installing bisimoto pro springs to help with the new cam. Look forward to those pictures.

Then finally I received these lovely boxes in the mail this week and can't wait to start piecing my new kit together.

Borg Warner s200x-e 57 trim. This turbo fit my goals and needs perfectly and I'm pretty excited to see it in action.
                      ~Nick~

Comment

Good taste in turbos and in Texas vodka!
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                          Good taste in turbos and in Texas vodka!
                          This will be my first experience with Borg Warner, but for the price and the fact that it is a stock turbo with reliability, is what made me give it a shot. My only issue is I will be running it as a single scroll set up until I find a reputable shop that will build me a twin scroll, twin wastegate manifold for a decent price. So I won’t have that fast spool time.

As for the vodka, I am not a vodka drinker, my poison is whiskey. But I do love Tito’s and I never get a hangover from it. I can’t afford to spend 2 days recovering if I decide to go back to my college days of raging.
                          ~Nick~

Comment

I love that steering wheel
                            My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
                            Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
                            Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Originally posted by wtfisafleek View Post
                              I love that steering wheel
                              Thanks man! Gotta love Amazon

So got the camshaft back the other day. They did a great job packaging it.

Here are the valve adjustment specs that Delta recommends in case anyone needed this info:

I then decided to stop putting off installing my carbon fiber hood, specifically because I didn't want to cut holes in the hood for the hood latches. But I finally mustered up the courage and did it. And let me tell you this is more nerve racking then starting a car for the first time after swapping a motor in it. One slip and I could have put a cut down the whole hood.

Hood Pins unlocked and unlatched:

Hood Pins installed and locked:

While I was up there I went ahead and installed my Carbon Fiber G-Square style grill. I need to get the G-Square Eyelids repainted and then those will be reinstalled as well. Don't mind the dust on the front bumper, or pretty much everywhere. I need to give the car a good bath.

Not only do these ensure that the hood doesn't come flying up and smashing into my windshield, but also make it more difficult for thieves to gain access to the engine bay.
                              Last edited by Grumpys93; 01-20-2018, 12:15 AM.
                              ~Nick~

Comment

Pieces of the Puzzle are slowly coming together, on Saturday, I received two packages:

First was from Will(Rilas):
                                Lower timing gear for the f22a (Thanks Will!)

Second one was from Phearable.net, John gave me a great deal on Injectors, Omnipower 4bar map sensor, and Hondata s300 with Vtec and boost control added:

Injector Dynamics 1050x: I guess now I have to bypass the resistor since these are high impedance:

Also removed the f22b head since I decided to go back to SOHC, hopefully be picking up the head tomorrow and I'll put the valvetrain back in along with the 272 cam:
                                Last edited by Grumpys93; 01-29-2018, 12:36 AM.
                                ~Nick~

Comment

Working...
                                X