Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

The Official Daily Dose of Dubstep Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<-- MRT

Comment

"My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

So basically dubstep is techno gone slow-evolved eh?

Gotcha.

We were tripping balls to "dubstep" all over the country back in the 90's. Glad to see techno making a come back.

I have seen this thread a few times and always wondered WTF is dubstep...

I feel educated now.
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

The dubstep that is popular right now is very different from the real dubstep that originated in the UK. Basically, right now, dubstep is just house music with a bass drop.
          It's already being corrupted by commercialized idiots like Skrillex (who already milked the corp-fab screamo cow for all it was worth)... soon, it'll fall into obscurity once again.
          I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but I still hate to see the rise, commercialization, and demise of ANY formerly underground genre.

Coming from the punk, ska, and black metal scenes myself, I've seen it happen all too often.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            The dubstep that is popular right now is very different from the real dubstep that originated in the UK. Basically, right now, dubstep is just house music with a bass drop.
            It's already being corrupted by commercialized idiots like Skrillex (who already milked the corp-fab screamo cow for all it was worth)... soon, it'll fall into obscurity once again.
            I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but I still hate to see the rise, commercialization, and demise of ANY formerly underground genre.

Coming from the punk, ska, and black metal scenes myself, I've seen it happen all too often.

Remember when "raves" where the thing to do?

Lol
            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
              Remember when "raves" where the thing to do?

Lol

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
              BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
              Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
              CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Comment

MOAR music

Hey guys, i produce dubstep/electronic music and ive been making some cool music lately and thought i could share it with my fellow cb owners!

heres a link to my soundcloud and heres a song i just finished:
                  soundcloud.com/tonedogsauce
                  http://soundcloud.com/tonedogsauce/ridin-original-mix

Enjoy!

cb love

Comment

Originally posted by Mishakol129
                    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

What exactly makes that last video "dubstep"

Seems like some Rap to me...

I've been listening to Kendrick Lamar all weekend. His CD is pretty nice.

"Swimming Pools" is probably the most popular song he sings for anyone not knowing who he is, check him out. Entire CD kicks ass though.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                        What exactly makes that last video "dubstep"

Seems like some Rap to me...

I've been listening to Kendrick Lamar all weekend. His CD is pretty nice.

"Swimming Pools" is probably the most popular song he sings for anyone not knowing who he is, check him out. Entire CD kicks ass though.
                        Do you not know who Caspa is?
                        Originally posted by Mishakol129
                        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                          Do you not know who Caspa is?
                          Guess Im out of the loop man...

I mean, I googled the guy and I get hes apart of the whole dubstep thing.

I get that.

What I dont understand is what exactly seperates that "dubstep" song from rap?
                          Last edited by toycar; 11-13-2012, 11:25 AM.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubstep

The Wikipedia article breaks down the general aspects of dubstep, which I suppose that Caspa track does incorporate somewhat.

Honestly, Dubstep is a pretty old style from the UK. It has only recently gained mainstream popularity... and like when any underground sound emerges, it has changed. The key elements are accentuated and abused, until the effect is so mutated that nobody even recognizes them in the original styles (the bass drop and wobble bass are common abused elements of dubstep.) Eventually, the mutation will lead to music completely unrelated to the original sound as being regarded as dubstep. Then the market will abandon the style, where it will die off... until it's brought back as "retro" in the future.

The evolution of punk and heavy metal are perfect examples of this process. Look at the roots of those styles.... then look at the most laughable commercial efforts of today (or yesterday... like hair metal. )

I make this parallel, because Skrillex used to front a corp-fab screamo band. He hopped on the screamo bandwagon while it was a cash cow, and milked it for all it was worth. He actually tried out to be the guitarist, and they made him the singer.. because he fit the image best.
                            Screamo became a thing of the past, and boom... suddenly little Sonny Moore started messing with Reason, and became Skrillex. And he still sucks.

Taking it back to 2001... which is actually still well into the evolution of the sound.

[IMG]fxPcdukkADY[/IMG]

Comment

So the bass drop and wobble you are talking about is what skrillex has made basically every song sound like right?

That out of no where,"bwaaaaaa-wwwwaaaaaawwaaa-waaawaaaaaaa" vibrant sound paired with some techno and a few lyrics = dubstep?

Kind of?

Lol

Comment

Basically. Lyrics are optional... but very few electronic artists have mainstream success without lyrics (even Moby had to get Gwen Stefani to sing on what was probably his biggest commercial hit...)

But yeah, Skrillex's abuse of the wobble and drop are a perfect example of what I was saying.

This is still one of my favorites, despite the clear exploitation of the "highlights" of the style. Syncopation, deeply distorted wobbly bass, drops out the ass, 3rd beat snare/clap. This mix has it all. Done well, IMO... and one of my first conscious experiences with dubstep.
                                The dude dancing is just badass as well...

I'm actually not a dubstep fan at all. I can appreciate good music, regardless of the style. I can respect the innovators, even if I don't care for what they've created. I can despise the commercial trend-riders (like Skrillex), based solely on principal... even if their music is "easier" to listen to.

Comment

Working...
                                X