• Show
Clear All

Oh its getting love again!

2016 huh. I will look for updates lol

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
      Oh its getting love again!

2016 huh. I will look for updates lol
      oh yes it is. it feels good to work on it again.

Comment

I don't have much of an updates but Its better than nothing. Decided to the my front bumper and Xexon mild front lip and bolt it together. Both have been sitting inside of the car for a while. They seemed a lil deformed. Theres a few things that need to be addressed. I wish I had more pics of the progress but no keys to a tool box doesn't work well.

Comment

Heres what needs to be addressed, the small pieces that broken and above both ducts it hangs or a gap. Theres no bolt that goes in there so I gotta figure something out. I will probably shave the license plate holes also.

Comment

I have a lil update its not much but its something. I ended up taking off all the seam seal off the right shock tower area and a sanded down a little of the body work.

Comment

Those skills tho! Damn it!

Comment

Thanks Maury.

I Finally ending up getting a garage a lot closer to were I live now. So I ended up moving all my stuff for my parents house to the garage. A lot happier now, more time I can work on the car. in the process of moving things I had to clean the rear seats because it had a few mold spots. (ACURA CL seat btw) No the wing is not staying, had to use the trunk so parts wouldn't fly out while transporting.

Comment

You have a lot of work ahead of you....

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post

Any thoughts as to why this piece of metal going over the passenger shock tower is needed? Ever take it off? (the piece with the filler on it)

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post

Any thoughts as to why this piece of metal going over the passenger shock tower is needed? Ever take it off? (the piece with the filler on it)
                    I've seen people take it off on preludes, but never on an accord. It triangulates the shock tower to the framerail, so removing it results in a loss of strength, but I have no clue how much.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

yea I know I have a lot of work ahead of me. I'm not shaving the bay this go around. my coworker said the samething about the piece of metal also. I thik drives side has the samething. I will check Wednesday night to comfirm

Comment

it does have the same plate.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                          it does have the same plate.
                          funny I never paid no attention to this one and the last bay I did also.

Comment

Interesting how Honda added this piece of metal afterwards leaving hard to reach areas for sanding, etc. One would think they would just fill it in with one whole piece or have the shock tower made so extend to the frame rail and not have this piece. Be nice to talk to the fella who decided this piece was needed

Comment

Interesting how Honda added this piece of metal afterwards leaving hard to reach areas for sanding, etc. One would think they would just fill it in with one whole piece or have the shock tower made so extend to the frame rail and not have this piece. Be nice to talk to the fella who decided this piece was needed
                              manufacturers don't have to sand anything, so they wouldn't even take that into consideration. This was the cheapest effective way to add a plate there both for mounting options and possibly for rigidity.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                                manufacturers don't have to sand anything, so they wouldn't even take that into consideration. This was the cheapest effective way to add a plate there both for mounting options and possibly for rigidity.
                                They would have to paint in that small area. Just seems like an after-thought or add-on after the car was made.

Comment

Working...
                                X