Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How do I get my headlights to look like these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get my headlights to look like these?

Is it HID lights in both the high beam and low beam side? How much would getting my headlights to look like these cost, and is it easy installation?

It looks as if the high side has been painted yellow (look up blackhousing DIYs)

Comment

Ether they painted them yellow or they bough a set of amber halogen lights. IIRC PIAA sells amber bulbs that look similar and will fit OEM....

No HID's there that I can see. Look like a set of 6-8000k lows and amber highs with blacked out housings.
      Last edited by GhostAccord; 10-28-2012, 09:47 PM.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

1. Get a CD Accord
        2. Blackhouse and tint the lights yourself or outsource it
        3. Put a really annoying PnP HID kit in the low-beam

Done.

Cost of the HIDs is anywhere from $15-$50, paint for lights ~$20, CD Accords usually average about $2000.

But seriously...they're just blackhoused and tinted with HIDs. It's relatively cheap and easy to achieve that look. But be warned, putting a PnP kit in reflector housings isn't the proper way to use HIDs.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
          putting a PnP kit in reflector housings isn't the proper way to use HIDs.
          Nothing wrong with HID's in reflector housings, the issue is halogen based housings.

Comment

Wow, very fast replies . Hmm, looks like I'll have to black house my headlights with the JDM high beam look then and install HID's.

I don't understand the reflector/halogen based housing situation for HID's, so I wouldn't be able to install them on OEM 93 accord's headlights? Would I have to buy projectors for the HID's?

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
              Nothing wrong with HID's in reflector housings, the issue is halogen based housings.
              oh geez...semantics again.

But yeah, there are such things as HID reflectors, the prius is a good example. So, to clarify, HIDs should not be used in a reflector designed for halogen bulbs.

Originally posted by thestockcb7 View Post

I don't understand the reflector/halogen based housings situation for HID's, so I wouldn't be able to install them on OEM 93 accord's headlights? Would I have to buy projectors for the HID's?
              HIDs emit way more light than halogen reflector housing are designed to handle. They end up scattering A LOT of light into places it should not go, like oncoming driver's eyes. So in short, yes, you'd need HID projectors to properly use HID bulbs.
              Last edited by islandhopper; 10-28-2012, 10:25 PM.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Without using projectors, you'll be throwing light everywhere, blinding oncoming cars. It's obnoxious, and you might get an asshole like me that will swerve at you. There ARE non-projector housings out there that are made for use with HIDs, but they're not CB7 housings. If you want HIDs, get projectors.

Also, there's nothing JDM about yellow high beams. Accords in Japan don't have yellow high beams. It's interesting, but it's not JDM.

Comment

Thanks guys, probably saved me a beat down by the cops.

I have one last question. Estimated, how much am I looking to pay for projectors and where could I get them?

Comment

You're coming dangerously close to breaking the rules. Junkyards, ebay, forum classifieds, and various online stores. Google is your friend.

Comment

Thanks guys, probably saved me a beat down by the cops.

I have one last question. Estimated, how much am I looking to pay for projectors and where could I get them?
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/announcement.php?f=107
                      Originally posted by Mishakol129
                      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

A little off topic but those headlights I think are JDM one-piecers. I'm not a CD5 guy though so i don't know for sure

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
                        My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
                        Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

Originally posted by buzz11 View Post
                          A little off topic but those headlights I think are JDM one-piecers. I'm not a CD5 guy though so i don't know for sure
                          Those are 2 piece headlights

1 piece headlights do not exist for 94-97 honda accords. Not even in japan.

Comment

Is it HID lights in both the high beam and low beam side? How much would getting my headlights to look like these cost, and is it easy installation?
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=195102

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ing+headlights

Comment

If your gonna put HID's in, do it the right way so you wont blind oncoming people.

People have already posted how to Blackhouse the headlights and while there open thats when you can put the projectors in. A good place to get them is Here I have bought 3 sets of these and are awesome for the price. You can get the HID's from them of somewhere else. The kit comes with everything you need except the HID's. They are easy to install. The things you need are: A dremel and HID's! You will need to do a little cutting on the headlights itself and the shrouds for the projectors. Its not hard and there are a lot of people like myself that can help if needed.
                              Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
                              CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
                              Coupe MRT

Comment

Working...
                              X