10th gen Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10th gen Accord

I have never seen such hate for a car no one other than automotive journalists have driven. Particularly from the 9th gen crowd..especially the V6 owners.

Personally I like it, I think the move to a smaller engine is an interesting one at that and I'm curious to see what the future of this brand new model brings to Honda.

One guy even said the 9th gen was the best design handsdown...failing to realize that it was basically a modern refresh of the 8th gen.

I know we are strictly on 4th gen terms on here but I'd like to know some of your thoughts.

Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

https://jalopnik.com/the-2018-honda-...car-1818976184

Nice interior, but I'm not liking the exterior at all (except for the headlights... by themselves, they look badass, but Honda/Acura has been killing it in headlight design lately anyway). It looks like Honda just stole styling cues from other manufacturers and stuck them all onto one car.

As for the engine, I couldn't care less that it's 4-cyl only. Honda never seemed interested in competing with the German luxury sedans, with their big power and sporty drivetrains. Yet every generation, they've turned out a car that sells at the top of its class - and earning it because it's a great all-rounder that gives you a lot of car for the money. I'm sure this one will be no different.

The fact that they're still offering a stick-shift manual is to be respected, as well.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-02-2017, 08:40 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

The exterior is rough on the eyes, I can't stand these new tail lights Honda has come out with and like the comments said, it looks like Honda forgot to finish the grill. It will be interesting to see what people do with the Accord Sport and the 2.0L. I wonder if this accord will bring the accord family into the light of the tuner aftermarket world. I was a little sad that they detuned the 2.0L and got rid of the coupe. Hopefully they will bring back coupes, but we shall see.

All in all I would love to go drive a sport and see how it rides. My wife's rogue has that CVT and I can't stand it when I need to punch it to merge. It's a whole lot of noise and not alot of go.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I don't like the exterior. It's boxy in the face, and curvy in the body...it's trying too hard. I'm one of those people that didn't like the blandness of the 8th gen sedan, but loved the blandness of the 9th gen sedan.

I think Honda could make a modern CB with an angular/boxy body and it would really stand out. Especially since the pedestrian safety standards are causing cars to have a flat face.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

It doesn’t make me drool, but it also doesn’t make me cringe. Current car styles aren’t very appealing to me across the board, though. Honda’s quality has been improving dramatically, so I think that alone would appeal to me.
          Enthusiasts always lament the fact that their favorite automaker will never make anything as good as their favorite model. Like, we’ll never see another CB, and that’s due more to government and market demands than Honda’s decisions.

If I were to consider a sedan in the segment, I’d consider the Accord, Mazda 6, Camry (Toyota is trying hard to make it less frumpy!), and probably the Sonata.

Comment

Does the exterior remind any of you of the Audio A7?
            *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
            ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
            ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
            "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
            The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
            Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

A little, now that you mention it. The rounded roof into the trunk area is what does it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                The exterior is rough on the eyes, I can't stand these new tail lights Honda has come out with and like the comments said, it looks like Honda forgot to finish the grill. It will be interesting to see what people do with the Accord Sport and the 2.0L. I wonder if this accord will bring the accord family into the light of the tuner aftermarket world. I was a little sad that they detuned the 2.0L and got rid of the coupe. Hopefully they will bring back coupes, but we shall see.

All in all I would love to go drive a sport and see how it rides. My wife's rogue has that CVT and I can't stand it when I need to punch it to merge. It's a whole lot of noise and not alot of go.
                The Nissan CVT (and the Rogue in particular) are awful. My Mom traded her 2012 Rogue CVT in on a 2015 Forester CVT and they are night and day.

If you want to see hate from people who don't own the vehicle the 3rd generation Tacoma is for you. The truck is flawed, sure but the people who don't own the 3G on the forums bash it so hard.

I just appreciate that you can get the stick with the top motor. The vehicles they even give you a manual option is so tiny.

Comment

I love the front end, but the rear end with the taillights seems pretty awkward looking. But you never know, there's cars that look better in person.

I'm surprised by how much the new turbo 4 banger pulls on last year's V6! Pretty impressive to me, doesn't sound near as good as the J of course.
                  I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                    I have never seen such hate for a car no one other than automotive journalists have driven. Particularly from the 9th gen crowd..especially the V6 owners.

Personally I like it, I think the move to a smaller engine is an interesting one at that and I'm curious to see what the future of this brand new model brings to Honda.

One guy even said the 9th gen was the best design handsdown...failing to realize that it was basically a modern refresh of the 8th gen.

I know we are strictly on 4th gen terms on here but I'd like to know some of your thoughts.

I own 2 V6's. Not necessarily excited about this powertrain.

Seems good on paper, but not sure about durability, lag, real world mileage, heat soaking issues and real world performance. It seems so far that is pretty similar to the V6, but uses the extra gearing and weight savings to achieve the performance increase. This is evidenced that the 2.0T Sport 6MT is quite a bit slower than the V6 6MT 9th gen.

Also, you may or may not have tried it, but it is going to be about impossible for Honda to beat the immediate, velvet hammer nature of the J35 in the current car.

As for the interior, FANTASTIC. Not complaints. The exterior? Not so much. It is fussy with some pretty poorly done details, that may or may not look better in person. I hate the Civic in photos, but like many aspects of it in person, so we will see. The general proportions are good, but the rear 1/3 seems really long to allow that sloping roofline with a reasonable amount of trunk and rear seat space.

Still don't like that it has struts up front and am very optimistic about handling balance since they took some weight off the nose.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                      The Nissan CVT (and the Rogue in particular) are awful. My Mom traded her 2012 Rogue CVT in on a 2015 Forester CVT and they are night and day.

If you want to see hate from people who don't own the vehicle the 3rd generation Tacoma is for you. The truck is flawed, sure but the people who don't own the 3G on the forums bash it so hard.

I just appreciate that you can get the stick with the top motor. The vehicles they even give you a manual option is so tiny.
                      Honda's CVTs are well done as well. I haven't really tried Nissan's, but have heard nothing but relatively (for a CVT) good things about Honda's. The one in our HR-V is...well, OK for a CVT. LOL.

The good news is that any 2.0T car will come with a 10AT instead.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                        Honda's CVTs are well done as well. I haven't really tried Nissan's, but have heard nothing but relatively (for a CVT) good things about Honda's. The one in our HR-V is...well, OK for a CVT. LOL.

The good news is that any 2.0T car will come with a 10AT instead.
                        Call me crazy but I don't like the multi-speed automatics. Maybe the 4AT is a bit too few in today's world but our Jeep Grand Cherokee is an 8AT and it feels like it's shifting all the time.

It also seems like the more gears the vehicles have, the more troublesome the transmissions are. Our old CX-5 had a 6AT and I thought the transmission in that was pretty perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                          Call me crazy but I don't like the multi-speed automatics. Maybe the 4AT is a bit too few in today's world but our Jeep Grand Cherokee is an 8AT and it feels like it's shifting all the time.

It also seems like the more gears the vehicles have, the more troublesome the transmissions are. Our old CX-5 had a 6AT and I thought the transmission in that was pretty perfect.
                          IMO, you reach the point of diminishing returns shortly after 6 speeds. The real advantage with these multi geared transmissions is that they are great for getting this new generation of boosted engines into the boost response curve instantaneously. They seem to be using really, really low 1st and 2nd gear to get it spinning and then spread the gears evenly into 2 or 3 overdrives.

I think the hunting comes down more to programming than actual gear count. I am curious to see how the new 10AT does on hills, etc. I know the 6AT in the 9th gen Accord is fantastic. Also, it will be interesting to see because this transmission is actually revolutionary for Honda. It is their first planetary gear set in a car transmission.

Comment

Henry, you already know where I stand.

There is A LOT of hate on that 9th gen page, but I think a lot of dudes on thereare bandwagoneers and just follow what seems popular.

In 8 months, when they are getting rave reviews, they will be jumping ship.

From the reading I did, the interiors are 10/10. They seemed to have hit it out of the park. Supposedly, a lot was inspired/taken from the A4.

As far as exterior, Im not loving it. Then again, I did not love the 8th gen, but it grew on me.

Me personally, I think the 9th gen is one of the cleanest, sexiest generations outside the 4th/5th/6th.

If the 10th looked like the 9th, but had the refresh on the interior and the 1.5/2.0, I would trade mine tomorrow.

Right now, Im going to hold on to mine. 2013 EX with 53k. Just did oil/trans/all air filters. Need to take her in for the battery sensor recall and for sqeaking on the passenger side when turning right.

Also my trunk light is out, and I can't figure out why.

Other than that, she gets 35-38 mpg easily.

When she is due for a trade in, if I don't go with a Subaru or Hyundai, I will probably get a 6-6 9th gen.

Comment

hate the jagged lines and the fake hatch look

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                              X