NH-503P-3 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
    Can you believe someone sent this car to pap! It had a bunch of goodies on it. I could not get to it in time for the best stuff. Within 6 hours the fogs, later CD intersection lights, flushmount etc was gone.

My friend got the tails. They did forget one good thing. And man did I need it.
    The Innovative front mount. $20 is better than $100 for the mount also lol. I put it on my car as soon as I got home. My stock front mount was shot too!

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
    Wow! You almost wonder if that car wasn't willfully sent there by the owner. Maybe they're in jail, or otherwise unable to intervene. It just seems like that thing was worth way more in a private sale than what I'm sure LKQ gave them.
    That looks like ikayto's old CB I could be wrong.

Lol more like a hilltop. It’s nice and quiet where I live. Get a little snow every year. It’s not way hot in the summer and I don’t have to worry about somebody swiping my car in the middle of the night. Too bad my new position at Mickey Thompson is 60 miles from my home one way. I might have to move in a year or so. But the salary increase is more than enough to get the Accord done up nicely. I’ll commute the hell outa this car lol. Next up on the list of mods is the holy grail of interior upgrades. The digital climate control. I’m going to make it controllable from the steering wheel buttons also.
    Spent an hour reading through all 11 pages. Dude you did a kick ass job on this car considering where it was almost 2 years ago.

Definitely interested in what you have in store for the digital CC. I know someone on here did the write up years ago but it was so complicated I vow Id never go that route.

I've seen it in person as fully functional add on and a real deal JDM Si-T Accord that another member on here owned for a short time.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
      That looks like ikayto's old CB I could be wrong.
      It looks real close, but I don't think so. His had (has?) spoon mirrors, an s2k antenna, and smoked uppers on the taillights.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Well fellas, the full moon is out and the desert is lit up. Great night to be in the garage workin.

Last Friday I came across a nice clean og paint Granada Black sedan in a close pap. It was an LX 10th anniversary I’m pretty sure. The molding was painted on it. I quickly grabbed the hood and front bumper. I needed both bad after some idiot backed into my CB a lil while back. Anyways I got some well used fogs from a member (since this is a daily driver I’m ok with that) fixed them up & gave them a good polishing. Then I went to work on the bumper cutting the holes and installing them. The whole bumper was cleaned up and polished also. It’s no show winner but I put together what I think is a perfect beast of a 92-93 front bumper for my DD. Here it is just about complete.

I’ve had an incredibly hard to score 95 Legend coupe lip hiding up in my attic so it had to go on. This lip is my favorite of the Legend lips and I’ve never been lucky enough to get another. These things go fast even as the 94-95 Legend coupes rarely come into paps. Those Legend guys are all over them.
        This lip is a little long on each end so I trimmed it and curved the edges to look correct.
        The molding is another touch that I took from pictures of a 92-93 coupe being parted in Germany. The front and back bumpers had faded chrome molding just below the rib. I even rounded the ends to look like the molding in the pics.
        Anyways I’m stoked on it and I can’t wait to get it installed on my car tomorrow. I got yellow 2500k bulbs for the fogs also.
        5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Mark nice job on the front bumper, especially since you didn’t have the cutouts on the back of the bumper.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

It's a wonder you get any work done at all with a view like that.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Mark nice job on the front bumper, especially since you didn’t have the cutouts on the back of the bumper.
              Actually once I started cleaning the inside of the bumper I found that it is an original and had the outlines for the cutouts. The cutouts btw are only a simple guide. Be very careful and start at the inside line first. Especially at the top. If you’re using some door protector pieces to clean up the cuts like I did you’ll eventually open the holes further to accommodate them. Go slow!

~Mark~

Comment

Well fellas, the full moon is out and the desert is lit up. Great night to be in the garage workin.

Last Friday I came across a nice clean og paint Granada Black sedan in a close pap. It was an LX 10th anniversary I’m pretty sure. The molding was painted on it. I quickly grabbed the hood and front bumper. I needed both bad after some idiot backed into my CB a lil while back. Anyways I got some well used fogs from a member (since this is a daily driver I’m ok with that) fixed them up & gave them a good polishing. Then I went to work on the bumper cutting the holes and installing them. The whole bumper was cleaned up and polished also. It’s no show winner but I put together what I think is a perfect beast of a 92-93 front bumper for my DD. Here it is just about complete.

I’ve had an incredibly hard to score 95 Legend coupe lip hiding up in my attic so it had to go on. This lip is my favorite of the Legend lips and I’ve never been lucky enough to get another. These things go fast even as the 94-95 Legend coupes rarely come into paps. Those Legend guys are all over them.
                This lip is a little long on each end so I trimmed it and curved the edges to look correct.
                The molding is another touch that I took from pictures of a 92-93 coupe being parted in Germany. The front and back bumpers had faded chrome molding just below the rib. I even rounded the ends to look like the molding in the pics.
                Anyways I’m stoked on it and I can’t wait to get it installed on my car tomorrow. I got yellow 2500k bulbs for the fogs also.
                You'd be surprised and how much those Legend guys are about parts. I made some serious coin off of an entire Type A (Black leather) interior this summer.
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Got the bumper installed late today. I love it. Now it’s back to doing wiring projects for friends. Here’s a couple pics. I’ll have to get some day pics tomorrow.

~Mark~

Comment

Looks great & takes a lot of time to do that too! I think it's time for you to get a new grill

Comment

I love the look of the Sir-t bumper lights with fogs and clear corners on black cbs. Don't know why but I just do.. Great job Mark
                      ~Nick~
                      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Alright gentlemen there’s a new project in town. This is the basic prototype for now. There’s still some fine tuning and better parts to use before I make any more. The CD Accords as some of you know have the lighted “Accord” word in the rear top light. There are other Honda’s that have this optional piece also such as Integras and Legends. I’ve never seen a CB Accord one though so I got to work collecting the goodies I need to build one.
                        The CB top light works off of a single filament bulb. I wanted the top light to light up white when the lights come on. Then red when the brake is depressed. I found a single filament switchback bulb online to do the trick of having both colors in one bulb and fit in the factory bulb holder. Here is the results after a lil custom wiring to the bulb.

Here are both in the car. The White turns on when the headlights are on. The red is when the brake is applied.

Right now this doesn’t work 100% like I want it to. Only when the lights are off the red lights up with the brake applied. When the lights are on however it stays white weather the brakes are applied or not. So I’m going to wire in a relay that hopefully will make it switch back and forth from white to red when the lights are on. Note: both colors look 100 times better in person. The pics dont do this mod much justice. Stay tuned!

Another thing to note: CD Accords 94-97 I think only light white. Also the CD Accord top light has its own 94-97 specific “Accord” font. The one I built has the 90-93 specific CB “Accord “ font. So it looks correct also.

~Mark~

Comment

Yep put me down for one!
                          ~Nick~

Comment

Alright gentlemen there’s a new project in town. This is the basic prototype for now. There’s still some fine tuning and better parts to use before I make any more. The CD Accords as some of you know have the lighted “Accord” word in the rear top light. There are other Honda’s that have this optional piece also such as Integras and Legends. I’ve never seen a CB Accord one though so I got to work collecting the goodies I need to build one.
                            The CB top light works off of a single filament bulb. I wanted the top light to light up white when the lights come on. Then red when the brake is depressed. I found a single filament switchback bulb online to do the trick of having both colors in one bulb and fit in the factory bulb holder. Here is the results after a lil custom wiring to the bulb.

Here are both in the car. The White turns on when the headlights are on. The red is when the brake is applied.

Right now this doesn’t work 100% like I want it to. Only when the lights are off the red lights up with the brake applied. When the lights are on however it stays white weather the brakes are applied or not. So I’m going to wire in a relay that hopefully will make it switch back and forth from white to red when the lights are on. Note: both colors look 100 times better in person. The pics dont do this mod much justice. Stay tuned!

Another thing to note: CD Accords 94-97 I think only light white. Also the CD Accord top light has its own 94-97 specific “Accord” font. The one I built has the 90-93 specific CB “Accord “ font. So it looks correct also.

It's a really cool idea, just be careful as most state laws prohibit white light on the rear of the car, so it may be a traffic stop item. It might even be a federal MVSS law.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I wish they made amber to red or blue to red switchback bulbs. Oh well. I’m going to use an spdt relay on this and run key on power to it. I think. No situation I draw up seems to come out perfect for how I want it wired.

~Mark~

Comment

Hey guys,
                                I haven’t posted in a while but of course I’ve been working on projects for my CB and our chassis in general. Good stuff is in the works. Anyways I scored a set of very nice 92-93 one piece headlights. I planned to do a projector retrofit kit on them also. They’re finally done. Hers some pics of the progress:
                                These are as purchased

Projector retrofit

Lighting test. The halos and terminator eyes are only the DRLs

Reflector black housed and everything fitted back together

I’m totally stoked on how nice they came out. I get nervous messing with expensive parts lol
                                I’ll get em installed soon. Thanks for looking!

~Mark~

Comment

Working...
                                X