No announcement yet.

fleetw00d : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love how the door panel looks! How does this stuff work? Do you just spray it on?

Comment

Finally got the other three panels done. I had to repair a couple small cuts in two of them; I used a vinyl repair kit's adhesive to glue down a small cut and used the vinyl to fill some small abrasions/cuts before spraying so I didn't have to worry about trying to match the color.

Just clean them well, spray with "Sand Free" adhesion promoter, then spray the first coat of color while the adhesion promoter is still wet. The first panel seemed to come out the best, I pretty much kept spraying until it was a uniform color, not leaving much time between coats. The later panels, I left a little more time between coats, but wound up with areas with a more matte finish than gloss like the first one.

I need to recover a passenger side speaker cover to match the driver side.

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-01-2017, 09:33 PM.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Looks freshly upholstered. That's clean work

Comment

Still looks good two years after quarter panel replacement, now at 326,600+.

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-01-2017, 09:33 PM.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I've always admired this car. It doesn't have to have all of the aftermarket parts to look clean. Good work!

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate it. I like to see the modded ones and marvel at the extent to which folks will go with them, but for whatever reason, I prefer to keep them close to stock. There is a fair amount of time and effort involved just to keep the five I have at the moment in good running order. Now that things with my eye appear to have settled down, I'm starting to gather everything I need to install the A6.

I was out scouting places for future calendar shots; I was hoping to get a good clean reflection, but the pond was frozen. Went back later in the day, still frozen. I'd like to catch it after a very heavy rain to see if the pond is full all the way to the top.

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                Thanks, I appreciate it. I like to see the modded ones and marvel at the extent to which folks will go with them, but for whatever reason, I prefer to keep them close to stock. There is a fair amount of time and effort involved just to keep the five I have at the moment in good running order. Now that things with my eye appear to have settled down, I'm starting to gather everything I need to install the A6.

I was out scouting places for future calendar shots; I was hoping to get a good clean reflection, but the pond was frozen. Went back later in the day, still frozen. I'd like to catch it after a very heavy rain to see if the pond is full all the way to the top.
                the pond filled to the top, perfectly still, with the trees in the back filled in with green

car is looking great as ever.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Cleaned up the F22A6.

Oil pan was clean as a whistle.

Halfshaft
                  Last edited by Fleetw00d; 02-02-2018, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Very nice! If you're open to visits, I'll have to plan a weekend or something to come down and visit you and your CB collection.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisnick View Post
                      Very nice! If you're open to visits, I'll have to plan a weekend or something to come down and visit you and your CB collection.
                      Come on down. You can peruse my parts collection if you need anything while you're here. I had one member stay the night on a his way across the country.

Comment

While replacing the rear struts/springs, noticed the brake shoes were down pretty low (only the second set in 330,000 miles). Still plenty of meat on the drums to have them machined.

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-01-2017, 09:34 PM.

Comment

The heart transplant starts:

Prior to starting:

Down to the just the left and right engine mounts:

Engine out (not too bad for 331,000 miles):

Engine bay:

Transmission separated from the old engine:

With the engine out, there appears to be more oil than I expected on the back of the engine (oil pressure switch leak?) and on the transmission (distributor oil leak?). Maybe I could have strung it along a while longer if I had fixed those two leaks. Oh well - it's out now. A lot of cleaning and painting to do before installing the F22A6.
                          Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-01-2017, 09:34 PM.

Comment

So damn clean! It's amazing what they look like with some good cleaning.

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                              So damn clean! It's amazing what they look like with some good cleaning.
                              So damn clean??? The only thing that's been cleaned so far is the new engine - haven't touched the bay or the transmission yet. Looks like I won't get back to it until the weekend, have to go to Cleveland tomorrow for a day or two.

Edit: Doh! I just realized he was probably talking about the new engine, not the old engine/engine bay.
                              Last edited by Fleetw00d; 10-10-2015, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Cleaned the transmission today. Not as clean as new, but a heck of a lot better than when I pulled it.

Aug. 14, 2015

Refinished flywheel, new clutch disk and pressure plate:

Chain don't break now!

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 01-12-2018, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X