Am I cross threading my fuel line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I cross threading my fuel line?

I have a 93 Accord and I just can't seem to smoothly thread in the hard fuel line to the new fuel filter. For starters the bracket has been loosened enough to make the 2 ends aligned, but once I go about 2 or 3 lines of thread in, it gets very stiff. I am positive that I have the hole and fuel line aligned, so could it just be portion of the line that screws in (male end) has gotten stiff over time? I really can't afford to cross thread this but everything from my perspective is telling me it shouldn't be. Any ideas?
    I'm thinking of using pb blaster next but don't know how flammable it may be or if any seeps into the filter how damaging that may be to my engine. I'd hate to have a shop do it, especially if it's just a matter of cranking on that sucker, but then again if they break they buy.

you could try putting some wd 40 on you finger and put it on the treads it might just lube it up to where it will screw right on. (correct me if im wrong) let me know how it goes i have to do mine soon too
    work in progress

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...07#post3185107

Comment

Pb blaster, WD40, a little oil, none of that should be a problem. Make sure the threads are clean. You could even go to the extent of getting a thread die to clean up the threads on the nut. If it goes relatively easily for those 2-3 threads, try manipulating the line to seat the flare at the bottom of the fitting so that it is not preventing the nut from going further.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

UPDATE: The filter I had was an O'Reilly filter, and somehow the threads did not line up properly. There actually were metal shavings coming off of the threads on the filter. The hard fuel line was intact with zero damage. I bought a Honda branded filter and it went on smooth as silk. Lesson learned but hopefully can help someone out there who may be experiencing this issue with an aftermarket fuel filter. Thanks for the input everyone!

Comment

no problem man!! i had a similar issue. my oil pressure light keep coming on randomly, i put a autozone one one it stopped for a week then started coming on and off at random. after testing the electrical i went to honda and got and oem one. havent seen the light since. sometimes oem is the way to go
          work in progress

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...07#post3185107

Comment

Originally posted by FGR View Post
            no problem man!! i had a similar issue. my oil pressure light keep coming on randomly, i put a autozone one one it stopped for a week then started coming on and off at random. after testing the electrical i went to honda and got and oem one. havent seen the light since. sometimes oem is the way to go
            wait...what? your fuel line would have nothing to do with the oil light. Your engine (or your oil sensor) has some serious problems if you're getting oil lights.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
              wait...what? your fuel line would have nothing to do with the oil light. Your engine (or your oil sensor) has some serious problems if you're getting oil lights.
              He was just providing another example of where an aftermarket part didn't work and OEM did.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
              X