Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

major brake problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

major brake problem

hello all,
    well its a very long story but please bear with me.

1993 honda accord auto

yesterday i replaced my wheel bearing and brakes. took it for a spin brake pedal didn't feel normal but anyway took it for a spin and car darted to the right. took off the left caliper and bled it. still darted to the right. replaced the left caliper and bled the hell out of it. still darted to the right by this point i had to put my foot to the floor to be able to stop bearly.

today i replaced the master cylinder thinking ok its gota be this. and bled the whole system still darts to the right and i had my car on then noticed a vacuum leak.....started spraying carb cleaner where i thought the leak was coming from....got nothing....took off the brake booster hose.... leak went away. i did a check to see if this was working by turning the car off pressing the brake pedal should build pressure within 2 or 3 pumps it didn't.

ok its my brake booster and (of course bled the whole system again) yea thats what i thought to....nope still didn't fix it. by this point im about done really i mean 3 new parts. so went to advance talk to two guys one said replace the brake line on the left side did that bled it again still darts to the right.

also had the front of the car up on jack stands had somebody hold the brake with car in neutral i bear huged that left front tire and tryed to spin it nothing i cant move it. my brake pedal still feels like it has air in it but really it shouldn't be darting to the right.

right now im like out of ideas i really need yalls help, it would be really appreciated.

thank you in advance
    mike

how are your rubber brake lines? it could be a number of things. also, why replace the ds caliper if its pulling right?
    COUPE K24

Comment

i replaced the left rubber brake line.....if it goes right the right caliper is working.

Comment

that caliper may be sticking. if it sticks a little its gonna be the first the grab when you hit the brakes, thus pulling right.
        COUPE K24

Comment

^^^Exactly. If the car is going right, it is the passengers side that has a problem.

If you can make it to a Midas or Brake check, they check it for free. Just don't tell them what you already replaced. They will give you an estimate and list the problems.

Then fix it yourself.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
          JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

sweet thx man

Comment

sorry should have stated that it only goes right when i hit the brake pedal.

Comment

what do you mean? when you hit the brakes, it pulls right?
                COUPE K24

Comment

yes.....

when im off the brake it does go right but doesnt dart its my alignment.

edit: it went right even before i serviced the brakes and wheel bearings

Comment

COUPE K24

Comment

yea my thought exactly lol

Comment

Have you done anything to the rear brakes?

How is your e-brake?

What wheel bearing did you replace?
                        '91 EX 280,000 || '90 LX 330,000
                        _____(me)__________(wife)___

Comment

nope will be replacing them soon tho. ebrake dont work but it wasnt doing this before i changed the wheel bearing and rotors and pads. the front two.

Comment

Caliper is stuck.
                            wat?

Comment

Originally posted by $KAT3R_rc View Post
                              yes.....

when im off the brake it does go right but doesnt dart its my alignment.

edit: it went right even before i serviced the brakes and wheel bearings
                              i've had my alignment off before and when braking it would pull to the direction that car was drifting too, more so than if i was just driving. i would do an alignment, bad alignment can lead to other things from my experience.. such as major tire wear
                              Everyday is one day closer to completing my cb7 <3

Comment

Working...
                              X