X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fog Light

That Would Help
    "never underestimate the Driving skills of the HANDICAPP" By: Myself....

Comment

bump... i need help plz...
      i have an aftermarket harness i need to know how to make this work with oem partial harness..
      Last edited by tommi; 03-04-2006, 05:01 PM.
      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

anyone?? i wanna see pics of how you wired your fogs, i have partial harness left but cut.
        <

Comment

Originally posted by tommi
          bump... i need help plz...
          i have an aftermarket harness i need to know how to make this work with oem partial harness..

which aftermarket harness did you get? from the 94-95 fogs?

Comment

no just some autozone harness kit..
            <

Comment

Ummm so did everyone figure out there troubles? I looked for the esuse kit on ebay and couldnt find it. I got the rear foglight on the way and i am on the look out for clear front ones but i am confused as hell so if anyone knows a)where to get that kit and b) whos setup worked the best.....

Comment

i used the esuse foglight kit and got it to work pretty simply. plug and play. only trouble i had is the harness uses the 3 and 5 slots in the fuse box. therefore if you have a alarm you cant see the parking lights light up when you engage the alarm. i need to do a seperate relay for them. other than that it works great. anyone need help just hollar.

Comment

cool, i might have to do this as well. i thought the OEM harnesses i bought off someone here had all three harnessed included. turned out to only have harness "A" and part of B or C. at least harness A is the main one with all the relays, etc.
                  "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

does timmy's diagram work with the stock fog light switch.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Let's say I have the switch but none of the OEM harness nor plug for the switch.

Can anyone post a pic of the "business end" of the fog switch with wiring legend?
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by deckeda
                        Let's say I have the switch but none of the OEM harness nor plug for the switch.

Can anyone post a pic of the "business end" of the fog switch with wiring legend?
                        [img]http://www.****.com/pics/hooking-up-fogs.jpg[/img]

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Thanks, Mike. Believe it or not I had just found your pic in timmy's 2nd DIY when browsing all of the fog threads and was headed back this way to "call of the dogs" --- obviously you beat me to it!
                          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                            here is the revised version of the diagram above. tell me what you guys think. maybe this thread should be a stickie .

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                            [img]http://www.****.com/pics/hooking-up-fogs.jpg[/img]
                            There seems to be a discrepency with pin 85 and 86 as noted above. Which pin is the ground? 85 or 86?
                            Last edited by CB3; 11-18-2006, 09:32 PM.

CB3 formerly hondaracer33

Comment

Originally posted by hondaracer33
                              There seems to be a discrepency with pin 85 and 86 as noted above. Which pin is the ground? 85 or 86?
                              it makes no difference with a relay, as long as one is positive and one is negative, u can swap those two pins. didnt realize i listed them swapped

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Thanks cp[mike], good to know.

If anyone is doing this for the first time and has decided not to use a harness of any sort, I discovered that by following timmyOtool's diagram and cp[mike]'s switch diagram this can be done by simply wiring it together. I am totally inexperienced with this sort of thing so if I can do it, anyone can.

My fog lights had different pigtails on each. One had a power and a ground and the other had a power and two grounds. I connected both power wires together in parallel and the ground wires in series because there is no place to ground the lights on the bumper. At the switch I connected "A" and "C" together and took that to pin #2 in the fuse box. I connected "B" and "D" together and grounded that to the body.

I don't know if this will be of any help to anyone, but it would've helped me.
                                Last edited by CB3; 11-21-2006, 09:34 PM.

CB3 formerly hondaracer33

Comment

Working...
                                X