No announcement yet.

Rilas : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it's the BMC diameter? The Accord DX/LX are 15/16" and the EX is 1". From some research online, I found that the 05-06 RSX Type-S has a 15/16" BMC.
    Last edited by apalileo; 07-17-2017, 06:27 PM.
    1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

It could be, but it still doesn't feel right for losing only a 1/16". I mean I didn't feel any difference with the same brakes between a DX/LX, and the EX/SE BMC. Down the road I'll look into upgrading to the RSX-S BMC and see if that changes things.

I didn't get to test out the brakes last night. Hell I didn't even manage to swap out the last brake line. I did manage to get everything straightened out with the shock collar and the studs, with the ESP.net 3 point bar. Which leaves me with just swapping the brake line tonight. It doesn't help that I didn't get started until after 8:00 pm.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

You sure got some work ethic, sheesh. Working on your car every night after your day job.
        I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
          You sure got some work ethic, sheesh. Working on your car every night after your day job.
          LOL! If you only knew. For the past 9 weeks I also have to come home make dinner for the family, clean up the house from whatever my little boy has destroyed, get whatever the GF needs because she has a double sprained ankle, take care of any other random house crap. Then I might get to work on my car, but even then it's usually not until my boy is in bed. Life has been a bit stressful lately to say the least. At least now the GF is able to start helping me do some stuff around the house again, but it's still pretty limited.

Small update I guess. I finished installing the Techna-Fit brake lines. Brake pedal feel is improved. Also my driver CL-S seat was sitting a bit crooked, this wasn't a bracket issue per say. The rear inner needed a few washers added to where the bracket bolted to the seat rail, this leveled the seat out correctly. On my last few drives the seat felt great, but something was still a little off I could tell because I was a little sore after the drive. Not something these seats should be inducing. After looking at it through the rear window you could see the lean to the middle of the car.

Also my ignition switch is just starting to go out. I'm going to steal the one from the other coupe for the time being. Once I buy a new one Lola will get it and the old one can go back to the other car. I have purchased a new driver side fender liner, to replace the one I ripped out at 110 mph. I'm also going to work on the steering column cover, to replace the one the ass hats destroyed when stealing old Lola.

While working on my shock this last time to put the OEM collar on the Bilstein shock, the ESP.net 3 point upper bar finished eating the threads on one of the bolts on the top hat. I've been cleaning them up when this happens, but I was torquing down the nut, and it just popped off. The threads are pretty much gone. I've fixed the ESP.net bar so this won't happen again. I contacted FFC about the bolts in the top hat, and they sent me 3 new bolts and nuts, at no charge to me. Pretty awesome customer service on their part. Once those arrive I'm going to get them swapped out.

Sometime during the next week I'm also going to get the Cheddas Auto rear top hats installed. They have been sitting on a shelf for almost 6 months at this point. Also today I'm going out to look at 2 parts cars, both are LX's but I'm trying to find an undamaged front sway bar. I want to see if the DX/LX front sway bar will decrease understeer. If it does I'm going to keep it on the car, so I might have that on in the next day or two as well.

I'm trying to wrap up all of this and a few other small things before next Saturday. As Lola and myself, are going to ZipTie Meet next Saturday. We are going with a few other Honda people I know, I'll take plenty of pictures of this to share with you guys. Also sorry about not having any pictures of stuff lately. I've just been so slammed with stuff here at home that, I just haven't remembered to grab the camera when I head out to the garage.

Also last random bit. The PLM Tri-Y Header officially has no more leaks in it anywhere! Also due to it not looking as pretty anymore I'm going to wrap it in DEI Titanium. Also that should hopefully give me a few HP back as to keep the under hood temps down a little bit.

Comment

Alright so in preparation of going to the ZipTie Club meet this coming Saturday, I've knocked out a small punch list of items on the car.

- Oil Change
            - FFC Extended Front Top Hat (New bolts and nuts installed.)
            - Cheddas Auto Extended Rear Top Hats installed
            - Changed A/C compressor plug (old one was broken and wouldn't stay on a mounting bracket anymore.)
            - Check transmission oil (Added about half a quart, transmission sounds much better now.)
            - Added washers under rear inside driver seat rail to level seat
            - Driver side fender liner installed
            - Energy suspension front upper control arm bushing installed into rear shock mount bushing (Old ones are almost 4 years old and showing a bit of wear and age, so I just swapped it out for the 2 extra's I had left from doing them last time.)

I have a list at home, I feel like I'm forgetting a few things. There are a few things I'm still hoping to wrap up before the meet.

- DX/LX front sway bar (I still need to go look at the parts cars to see if I can even get an unbent bar at this point.)
            - Custom double lip (I think I found a way to possibly bolt the lips together, so I can at least run a first stage of this. Even if I get them bolted together I'm going to get them into one solid piece as the end product. I thought it might be cool to have a custom lip on it for the meet.)
            - Steering column cover (I have to cut a new cover to work with the steering wheel. I still have my original one to reference, to make it easier.)
            - DEI wrap the header (I'm not sure if I have the funds to make this happen right now. I may have to wait a little bit on this.)

I actually have some pictures for you guys as well! I just didn't have time to upload them last night. Hopefully I'll get around to that tonight.

Finally I got to drive Lola for the first time in almost a week last night. Even though it was late and dark, I really want to see if the rear extended top hats made a difference. There is a large improvement in the feel of the rear end. Now the rear doesn't just bounce over things, it's actually absorbing a good bit of the bumps and lumps in the road. There also seems to be a decent improvement in the handling of the car as well, but I need to go for a real drive to know for certain.
            Last edited by Rilas; 07-26-2017, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Oh damn, hey Will if you're looking for a front sway bar shoot me a PM. I'm actually about to scrap the remainder of my LX which still has the bar installed.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Good stuff Will. You're a beast.

With the Cheddas rear top hats, was there any interference with those angled plates behind the seat back, or do you not have them installed? I know right now with my stock rear top hats and the Koni Sports, I have little clearance between those plates and the adjustment tab on top of the strut rods.
                1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                  Oh damn, hey Will if you're looking for a front sway bar shoot me a PM. I'm actually about to scrap the remainder of my LX which still has the bar installed.
                  Henry I'll let you know. I'm going to look at the parts cars tonight.

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
                  Good stuff Will. You're a beast.

With the Cheddas rear top hats, was there any interference with those angled plates behind the seat back, or do you not have them installed? I know right now with my stock rear top hats and the Koni Sports, I have little clearance between those plates and the adjustment tab on top of the strut rods.
                  Thanks Anthony. LOL! I don't know if beast is the correct term, but I damned determined to get the goals I set done, on time.

The angled plates have been removed. Honestly I couldn't even tell a difference in the back end without them. Actually the car felt a lot better driving even in high speed corners. I'm going to attribute this to the top hats and the travel the shocks have now. If I didn't have the Ultra Racing rear strut bar, I'm sure a difference would have been noticed without the plates. I was looking into ways to cut them, but more would have to be welded back in place otherwise they are going to be too thin to do anything, and could possibly bend.

Went for a drive last night. After that I just had other things around the house to do, I'll get some pictures uploaded tonight.

Comment

Alright, guys. Update time, since I've been stupid busy lately. While I don't have a lot to update on the car, since I haven't really worked on it much lately.

Cheddas Auto Extended Rear Top Hat 1

Cheddas Auto Extended Rear Top Hat 2

Lola 1

Lola 2

Lola 3

Below are the pictures I took from ZipTie Club meet on 7/29/17. I honestly didn't take a lot of pictures. This is due to a lot of the car's being new sports cars (IE: 350/370Z, WRX STI, G35/G37) or just Civic's and Integra's. I took pictures of the cars I found to actually be interesting. I don't consider a new sports car with a set of wheels on it, something you put time and effort into. Which is what the ZipTie Club was founded around. The guys I went with said the last 2 years were so much better than this year. Which makes me sad, because honestly there weren't a ton of great builds there. There were a few imported Skylines, but there weren't clean enough to justify pictures of them. You can find better online.

ZipTie Club 1

ZipTie Club 2 (I will own one of these someday. Not this particular year or color but a 1st Gen NSX is in my future eventually, even if it kills me.)

ZipTie Club 3

ZipTie Club 4

ZipTie Club 5

ZipTie Club 6 (The only Prelude that came out and so clean.)

ZipTie Club 7

ZipTie Club 8 (Stupid clean K swap. The carbon overlay on the other hand was not done very well. There are a bunch of runs in the clear/hardener. Our member on here that did it, did a superior job in comparison.)

ZipTie Club 9

ZipTie Club 10

ZipTie Club 11

ZipTie Club 12

ZipTie Club 13

ZipTie Club 14 (Where in the hell can we get an intake like this?!?)

ZipTie Club 15 (I suppose I did take a picture of a Skyline, I lied above.)

ZipTie Club 16 (I didn't take any pictures of Lola while there. Was too busy wandering to look at everything, considering I had to leave a bit early to make the 5 hour drive home. But here she is parked behind the Integra. I added a '99 CL Sunroof Visor, and the SpeedZone rear window visor. Both are visible in the picture. I think I'm going to swap the CL sunroof visor for the Accord one. The CL pops up quite a bit higher than the Accord one does. I'm still undecided on this. I'll get some better pictures for you guys to see what I'm talking about.)

ZipTie Club 17 (The pictures isn't doing this justice. While not my thing I can appreciate it. The tears have the brand logos of most of the brands used on this car. It looked pretty damn sick.)

On the 6th I went out for a 1.5 hour long drive. Drove the car very very hard though some twisties. Everything was fantastic. Was pulling the car out of the garage on the 8th to take it to dinner, and had a passenger rear flat tire. Not sure what is going on with it. I've looked the tire over there is no damage to it. I'm wondering if somehow I broke the bead seal while driving. I'm dropping it off at the tire shop in a few hours. Hopefully nothing big.
                    Last edited by Rilas; 08-10-2017, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Also on Monday I ordered this.

KSTuned.com Black ECU Hondata S300 V3

I ordered it with boost control, iab control, knock sensor and 4 wire O2 so I can wire up the AEM X Series wideband to it. I'm getting close, and so excited to unleash the beast.

Comment

That's a lot of updates! I hear ya on the busy life style. Most nights I barely have 1 hour of free time, i'm exhausted from work and just need to sit/lye down for a bit. Stressful job I guess doesn't help...

I feel your pain on that ESP 3 point front upper strut bar. I sweated for 4 hours trying to make it fit. In the end I had to make one hole larger on the passenger side (in the bar) and then I still had to jack the car up weird, do the passenger side first, use a block of wood and hammer to get it on + lowering the suspension. DAM it was a tight fit!

So did you just get the S300 or the P28 w/ S300 V3? I wonder how new their P28s are, obviously not brand new or are you sending one in?

HOLY TOP HATS! WTF....... I have never seen those before. So it's just the shock that extends up and not the spring?

You ever think of changing your wheels to something different?

And that poor Del Sol

Comment

Yeah stress and such doesn't help either. The last 2 nights I was actually able to come home and sit down, and play games for a bit. I think I'm finally catching up on the house projects. Slowly but surely, now time to work on that damn web server for pictures...

On the ESP.net 3 point bar, I've had to enlarge 5 holes now I think. It doesn't help that this is the second body it is on. Also the FFC extended front top hats have larger bolts than the stock top hats. So I had to modify the bar again to accommodate that. Then swapping chassis' I had to modify it some more. I think at this point I can almost remove it without jacking up the car, I know that is not how it's supposed to be, but you do what you need to do, to get stuff to work sometimes.

I ordered the kit and cubbutle from KSTuned, so I don't know if it's a P28 or a P72 or whatever other ECU can be used. I'm not sending anything in they are just sending me a unit they have and have gone over. Hopefully nothing is wrong with it. Also to go with this I'm going to pickup a new Denso O2 sensor, just to be certain my current one isn't lazy or anything.

LMAO!!! Yes the rear top hats are WTF extended, I think it was an extra 2" or 2.5" of travel. Yes it only extends the shock travel and not the spring. Something interesting from doing this mod though. So now when going through corners at a high rate of speed, the shock compress a little and the back end comes out a touch. You can feel this happen as the driver, once it's out and the shock is compressed, it just bites in. After this slight lean out happens you can just lay into the throttle for acceleration through the rest of the corner. It's so awesome to enter it fast and come out even faster and harder than you entered the corner. She is finally becoming the car I've wanted her to be for so long now. (Only a matter of time and money, LOL!)

I want some different wheels, and have for awhile. 10 spokes is just too busy and it doesn't really fit with the era of the car, I know and multiple people have asked me about it. One of the guys we went to ZipTie with has a set of 5 spokes that would look much better on the car imo. I'll have to get in contact with him and see what he wants for the set of them. I only bought these because I cracked an old Konig and couldn't find a replacement to save my life. So I bought these in a bind, only had so much cash and options were limited.

Yea the wing on the poor Del Sol. Otherwise it was very nicely done.

Comment

Update, I picked up a small piece of metal in the tire. I found it as I was taking the tire out of the trunk of the TL and the sun glinted off it. It's pushed flush into the tire, as I couldn't feel anything wrong with it or see it before. I'll get it picked up after work good as new.

Comment

Took a drive last night. Round trip was 127 miles. I managed to make it in 110 minutes, which included 2 stops on the side of the road. One to check out something around a hill which I couldn't see from the road. The other was to relieve myself. Still gotta love having a large state with a low population and a lot of open roads. Had a great time with Lola last night.

On a side note, I wish my ECU would show up sometime soon. I was hoping to have it in the car and start tuning this week, but alas it hasn't even shipped yet. On Saturday me and a buddy are taking Lola down to Craters of the Moon, ID. It's a 5 hour trip each direction, and I wanted the ECU for this trip. The speed limiter kicking in at 112 MPH is just killing me. There are some awesome places around Idaho's National Laboratory to just plain out let her rip. Oh well, maybe next time.
                              Last edited by Rilas; 08-16-2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

So my tuner and I had this discussion about ECUs. And no matter where you get your S300 from the P28/P72/P06 they are using is still always going to be 25 years old. Obviously they test them but it was a good point. And has to be the one bad thing about owning a cb7. I would recommend you ask or look into the capacitor replacement kit for the ECU. The horror stories are pretty bad. This page has everything you need to know. One of those scenarios where $12 can save you $900.

I agree with ya on the 10 spoke. And I always thought the 5 spoke was the perfect look. I guess spoke thickness needs to be considered too.

Ever photoshop wheels on your car?

WebServer / Pictures? Home thing or this page?

Comment

Working...
                                X