Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its easy.

search.

basically run a line from the corner lite down to the bumper.

get some 1157 sockets if u want it low and high or use or stock 1156 and hook it up to the wire and your done.

mine is 1157 low and high.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Any suggestions on where to get this dual socket thing? Did you guys go to the dealership or what?

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

I just went to the junkyard and clipped on out...also if you can't find a Civic socket, you can use one from a 3rd gen Accord, just get the outer socket...the one the brake light actually, not the always on running light part.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
          I just went to the junkyard and clipped on out...also if you can't find a Civic socket, you can use one from a 3rd gen Accord, just get the outer socket...the one the brake light actually, not the always on running light part.
          :werd:

junkyard get it out the brake socket of almost any honda.

The ones on the 91 accord in the pics came out of like an 84 crx or some shit that was junked near my old college.

Comment

i put H1's in my bumperlights, havent melted yet either
            MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
            i pulled over and looked under the hood.
            the engine was still there...
            ...silly light!

Comment

meh.. lol.. well.. w.e came with the shitty apc fogs that my sisters accord had before is whats in there now..

check out the fucking beamage from them alone
              Attached Files

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

heres a pic of them.. but meh.. i have them off. lol.. there getting a lil hot so.. i need to move them farther back..

P.S excuse the foot action
                Attached Files

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

um..yep, i've a 4th gen asian variant..SINGLE filament.. not JDM... and well I never saw how it could work.. but anyways i said, what's the harm.. So i tried.

blew two 20A fuses and after that, gave up and hardwired the bumper lenses to the parking lights.

Side effect? Hyperblinkers and now I won't know when a light blows (hyperblinkers..) but i have a hunch, by putting a resistance load accross the now-empty bumper light sockets (to emulate a load) might kill the hyperblinkers. anybody have any experience with this?

Comment

okay..found the solution. while searching the net for hyperblinkers and information about it, i came across this site by Cyrogen97 which utilizes a more linear and well, logical solution to keeping the bumper lights blinking for single fillament bulbs. very useful..now i've just got to rewire EVERYTHING again. sigh.
                    Last edited by Indecided; 04-21-2004, 08:54 AM.

Comment

1157 harness/socket and bulb

I used the harness from my old tail lights. I melted a small tab off to make it fit correctly.

1157 harness/socket has 3 wires:

ground, 6v, 12v

Wires to stock bumper lense:

ground, 12v

Wires to inner-corner lights (the one that does not blink):

ground, 6v

All I did was tap the inner-corner 6v line to the 1157 6v line. The stock line still gets 12v so it will not blink fast. I kept my amber bumper lense on and used an amber tinted bulb. I do not suggest this method for people who are going to use hyperwhite bulbs with clear bumper lenses. The 6v output is dim and you will not like the results.
                      Stolen out of Circuit City Parking Lot :
                      *RIP*
                      1993 Accord EX Coupe
                      1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
                      1993 Accord EX Coupe
                      Jet Black w/Tan Leather Interior
                      JDM H22A w/5 spd H22A Tranny
                      I love it when VTEC kicks in!
                      vroommmm...*VTEC*...VROOMMMMMM!

Comment

Mine came out pretty nice

H23?

Comment

how about adding a pig tail bulb in the bumper light?
                          is it gonna melt the housing ?

check this out
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=6474

Comment

I Converted my bumper lights to come on with the corner lights, but they don't blink. I just used the stock harness and put single filament amber bulbs in. I think they are number 2057?. A ll i did was clip the original power wire to the harness, and ran a wire from my corner bulb that is always on, and attached that to the harness where the other wire was. I will post some pictures when i get home, hopefully tonight or tomorrow.
                            My "fogs" are quite bright for being just a single filament blinker bulb. I haven't run into any problem with melting the housing, mostly because these kind of bulbs dont get all that hot.

I did do a test with using headlight bulbs in the bumper housing, and i got them to work real nicely, but they Do melt the housing, so one solution i found that worked was to put metal on the top and bottom of the housing around the bulb. that way the heat is reflected off of ther metal and not the plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by valent|n0
                              how about adding a pig tail bulb in the bumper light?
                              is it gonna melt the housing ?

check this out
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=6474
                              did you read that post? someone already answered that question.
                              Stolen out of Circuit City Parking Lot :
                              *RIP*
                              1993 Accord EX Coupe
                              1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
                              1993 Accord EX Coupe
                              Jet Black w/Tan Leather Interior
                              JDM H22A w/5 spd H22A Tranny
                              I love it when VTEC kicks in!
                              vroommmm...*VTEC*...VROOMMMMMM!

Comment

i used an H1 bulb and drilled a hole in the back of the bumperlight housing, ran the H1's thru a switch in my interior to my battery. bright as hell, didnt melt anything, and i could turn them on and off at will. unfortunately i dont have any pics of them as i got a new bumper/bumperlights and i feel bad if i drill holes in my JDM bumperlights, but it worked very well
                                MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
                                i pulled over and looked under the hood.
                                the engine was still there...
                                ...silly light!

Comment

Working...
                                X