Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Could some chipping/tuning pros look at this for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could some chipping/tuning pros look at this for me?

Hey, I'm planning on getting into tuning, first I'm going to buy a p06, then use this set up to chip it

(http://www.xenocron.com/chipping-kit...cus-p-277.html)

Then using this to follow while installing

(http://www.superhonda.com/tech/honda...ogramming.html)

Then, for tuning... I'll be using my laptop, and this set up

(http://www.xenocron.com/diyer-intro-...age-p-238.html)

Does this look like a set up that is worth the money?
    and would I be safer using Crome pro, or eCtune? since I've never tuned before

Thanks,
    Marshall

yes, that is going to be a very good setup, definitely worth the money

I would start out with the Crome free version and freelog, that may be all you need

Comment

Alright thanks, I've heard crome had alot of bugs, anything major?

Comment

I've never had any problems with Crome.... but I only do basic fuel adjustments, nothing advanced.
        I also heard that Crome has some "bugs" but a lot of people still use it for anywhere between 150 and 500+ whp... so the bugs can't be that bad

Comment

crome has never had a good steady idle for me while the motor was warming up, but once it is up to temp, it idles great.
          spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
            crome has never had a good steady idle for me while the motor was warming up, but once it is up to temp, it idles great.
            That's user error fool. You also have cams, so cold idle IS going to be a pita.

Crome is great. The "bugs" are played out by people that don't know what they're talking about. The biggest "bug" with crome is that timing wanders and isn't actually what your tables say it is. But guess what, Hondata has this issue as well.

There are plenty of 600whp cars tuned on crome without any issues. For the person looking to start tuning and wanting to do it on a budget, crome free + freelog are the way to go.

P.S. Stay away from xeno*** products if you can. Buy from moates.net.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
            X