Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H23 intake on a F22a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
    Hook them up properly, it makes a huge difference.

If you hook them up to vacuum, the second you hit the throttle any more than 1/8th they will open up, which pretty much defeats the purpose...

Also, my F22A1 ran just fine with a PT6 for over a year before I installed my F22A6 cam.

How does that defeat the purpose? wouldn't that give you the power sooner? im just curious

Comment

It defeats the purpose of having the IAB system at all... if it's going to be open all the time, you might as well just remove the restriction of the plates.

And no, it wont' give you power sooner. It'll provide a soggy bottom end until you reach an engine speed that requires the extra air. The point of the IAB system is to allow a smaller amount of air to flow at a high velocity at lower RPMs, and then increase the flow capacity as the demand increases... It's a concept similar to VTEC, actually (so people calling it a "mini vtec" aren't totally off track!)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
        It defeats the purpose of having the IAB system at all... if it's going to be open all the time, you might as well just remove the restriction of the plates.

And no, it wont' give you power sooner. It'll provide a soggy bottom end until you reach an engine speed that requires the extra air. The point of the IAB system is to allow a smaller amount of air to flow at a high velocity at lower RPMs, and then increase the flow capacity as the demand increases... It's a concept similar to VTEC, actually (so people calling it a "mini vtec" aren't totally off track!)
        oh, ok I get it... so I could swap the manifold, plus use a a4/a6 cam and a pt6, and that would be the "right" way to do it

Comment

Originally posted by F22aLude View Post
          oh, ok I get it... so I could swap the manifold, plus use a a4/a6 cam and a pt6, and that would be the "right" way to do it
          No, get the a6 cam.

I believe you're also going to need 'the little black box' from a cb7 that controls the vacuum to the IAB's. If someone could provide a picture of this box, it'd help the OP, and myself

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
          Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
          Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
          [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

The A4 cam is the same as the A1 cam. The ONLY difference between the A4 and A1 is the exhaust manifold.

The black box is on the underside of the intake manifold, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post

The black box is on the underside of the intake manifold, I believe.
              on the underside of the a6 intake manifold...JUST to make sure that was clear
              ____

Comment

Ok, so I've gotta get

Intake (got it)
                A6 cam
                pt6
                black box from a6 (wont the H23 have one?)

Sorry for my ignorance lol

Comment

Originally posted by mak View Post
                  No, get the a6 cam.

I believe you're also going to need 'the little black box' from a cb7 that controls the vacuum to the IAB's. If someone could provide a picture of this box, it'd help the OP, and myself

-mak
                  Here you go:

Okay, I thought the PT6 activates the black box?
                  Last edited by lonski; 04-30-2009, 08:43 AM.

Comment

It's electronic and vac controlled. I never inspected how it works, but it's hooked up to both. I assume the ECU activates a solenoid that allows vacuum to open the IAB.
                    And yes, the H23 manifold will also have one. I believe they're the same.

Comment

Working...
                    X