Bumper Light Conversion (90-91)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumper Light Conversion (90-91)

I did some searching through the threads on a DIY to convert my bumper lights. I found a few threads that tell you how to do it with Civic sockets. Instead of using the Civic corner light sockets, I had a couple of tailight sockets that I wanted to use. I did this on my 90 LX, so it might be a little different for those who have a 92 or 93, at least that's what I've heard. So here's what you'll need...

2 tailight sockets
    Phillips head screw driver
    Wire cutters and strippers
    Some butt connectors
    Electrical tape and/or shrink wrap

First, you'll need to take off your bumper light, using a Phillips head screwdriver and remove the stock socket from the housing...

Next, you'll need to modify the tailight socket so that it'll fit into the bumper light housing. The tailight socket has 3 tabs that hold it into place. 2 of these tabs we'll be using, but the third tab is offset and won't fit into the housing, as seen inthis picture...

You'll want to cut this tab off, like this....

Now, it'll fit right into the housing...

Now, cut off the stock plug. You'll notice (if you have a 90-91) that there are 2 green wires and 1 black wire....

Combine the 2 green wires and connect them to the single green wire on the new plug and while you're at it, connect the black wire to the black wire on the plug...

Now it's time to remove the corner light, using the same screwdriver....

Run your wiring for the running light....

Now connect the new wire to the red wire on the new socket....

This part is kinda confusing. On my car, which I'm asuming that it's the same on the 91 as well, on the passenger side, there are 2 red positive wires and 1 black negitive wire that is used for the inside corner light. On the driver's side, however, there is only 1 positive red wire and 2 negitive black wires. Connect your new wire to one of the red wires on the passenger side and the red wire on the drivers side....

Now, at this point, you can shrink wrap or just wrap the wires with some electrical tape to finish everything up....

Now, hook everything back up and re-install the bumper and corner lights and you're all done....

I waited a couple of days to take a picture, due to a malfunction in my camera, but it was well worth it!

Last edited by rocketman_471; 07-17-2010, 04:36 AM.

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

nice
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Thank you

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

Originally posted by rocketman_471 View Post

This part is kinda confusing. On my car, which I'm asuming that it's the same on the 91 as well, on the passenger side, there are 2 red positive wires and 1 black negitive wire that is used for the inside corner light. On the driver's side, however, there is only 1 positive red wire and 2 negitive black wires. Connect your new wire to one of the red wires on the passenger side and the red wire on the drivers side....
        ]
        So, does it matter which red wire you connect to on the passenger side? Nice write up
        short

Comment

looks good bro nice write up

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by short1 View Post
            So, does it matter which red wire you connect to on the passenger side? Nice write up
            short
            No. They both work. I tested both of them and I ended up choosing just one.

Comment

Working...
            X