CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Off Topic

Old 07-15-2018, 03:30 PM   #21
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote

Precisely!

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:06 PM   #22
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
Then what's incredibly deceptive is the order sheet for the header and having each prospective owner paying $1000 believe that their header would be a bespoke design based on the variables they outlined on an order sheet. Presumably, someone with a stock cam and pistons would receive a different header than someone else with a wild cam, high compression pistons an headwork. Nope. Same thing.
I state this as someone who was years past owning an Accord when the Bisi products came out, but as a layman what I never understood is why these "custom made, $1,000 headers" were still not a bolt on design. The Accord dimensions were well known at that point with many companies making products. They should have been bolt-on at that price-point.

But what do I know, I'm just a lowly peon.
AccordWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:14 AM   #23
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT is cool... so far.
Richard did the NC Miata review and loved it. Plus, he's secretly American and would totally go for the CTS-V muscle car. I think James would criticize the Caddy for its cheap take on luxury, at least from that period, as well as its Nurburgring-tuned suspension.

And a stock exhaust would bottleneck a real performance header, making it a complete waste, so why would you expect one of any brand to bolt right up? They're race headers, and race exhaust systems are typically custom.

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!

Last edited by CyborgGT; 07-16-2018 at 04:24 AM.
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:28 AM   #24
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
I dug up the original group buy thread.
The header Bisi sold was marketed as a “street version”, compatible with PS and AC.
I agree that there’s no good reason that “street version” shouldn’t have been made to bolt up to an exhaust. Especially if it was a custom piece (which was absolute hooey.)
The slip joint was cheap, and allowed for a greater lack of precision. If it didn’t line up exactly, it flexed a bit.

And I’ve also criticized my cadillac’s interior.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:01 AM   #25
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Crankshaft is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crankshaft
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
Richard did the NC Miata review and loved it. Plus, he's secretly American and would totally go for the CTS-V muscle car. I think James would criticize the Caddy for its cheap take on luxury, at least from that period, as well as its Nurburgring-tuned suspension.
He loved that challenger and Jeremy loved both the ZR1 and GT but if you recall there was a episode where they made fun of the CTSV for the non burnout and what was already mentioned. Anyways only I guessed and whatever method I used I got it right so I get Deeve cool points.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:09 AM   #26
Losiracer2
CB7tuner Member

Losiracer2 seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to Losiracer2
I think my RMF prototype header is far better than Bisi's header. Quality of the welds is pretty damn good. I think mine was a prototype version due to the tag missing from the middle exhaust ports. I found it on a local Honda tuning site in AZ back in 2014. But every so often the header to DP gasket blows which is annoying. And I had to shave a LOT of the power steering bracket away to make it fit with a 4.5" angle grinder so it wasn't really for a "street" application but its in there with a full compliment of accessories (AC PS Alt in original spots)

member's ride thread
93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
97' Lexus LS400 294k miles.....Luxury Cruiser DD
89' SEi Coupe 42k miles one owner museum find
89' Accord SEi
Losiracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:40 AM   #27
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

I'm not surprised that gasket blows; those flanges don't look even. And is the end flange cracked? It looks super thin, too.

Old 07-18-2018, 05:26 AM   #28
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

According to Bisi, Randy of RMF used to be his fabricator, and his famous RMF H22A header is just a stolen Bisimoto prototype.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:05 PM   #29
Accrdwgnguy
Contributing Member

Accrdwgnguy seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to Accrdwgnguy
Want to know the man Bisi? Watch the first episode of the Netflix show "Fastest Car". What a tool.

Friend of mine bought one of the first Bisi headers. At full retail. It was still a leaky turd. Looked nice tho.

The guy knew his target audience were not hardcore track day guys, "oh this is a race part leaks are expected" is a piss poor excuse. Just a crappy design. Fully weld the merge and put a flange after the merge, like posted above, were my suggestions to my friend.
Accrdwgnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:08 PM   #30
Size9zombie
CB7tuner Member

Size9zombie is cool... so far.
Losiracer2, that is a good looking header there.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:17 PM   #31
HappyGilmore
AKA Gillymomo

HappyGilmore is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to HappyGilmore Send a message via MSN to HappyGilmore Send a message via Yahoo to HappyGilmore Send a message via Skype™ to HappyGilmore
Cues the can of worms I didn't mean to open on my facebook one day. I was ready on the group buy many moons ago. After what I have seen time and time again I am glad I didn't get one now. I guess I am more sadden that one from our own community did us the way he did and is now on top of the world. I hate when folks do that...
Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
92 LX Coupe F22A1
97 LX Wagon 5-Speed F22B2
92 EX Sedan F22A1
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)
HappyGilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:41 AM   #32
Losiracer2
CB7tuner Member

Losiracer2 seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to Losiracer2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
I'm not surprised that gasket blows; those flanges don't look even. And is the end flange cracked? It looks super thin, too.
That's just how I got it from the seller that day, so the gasket he supplied was immediately tossed in the trash. When it has a new multilayer metal/paper gasket it looks much more even.

The back flange is pretty thick, 3/8" thick about, I don't have any problems with that one, especially with a 1/4" thick gasket between that and my cat. I also added a flexpipe section to the cat to make it less rigid when installed.

I think what I need to do to prevent the header to DP gasket from blowing is add a provision where it bolts to the back of the block like OE to make it more rigid where flexing in those joints is not wanted

member's ride thread
93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
97' Lexus LS400 294k miles.....Luxury Cruiser DD
89' SEi Coupe 42k miles one owner museum find
89' Accord SEi
Losiracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:20 AM   #33
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGilmore View Post
Cues the can of worms I didn't mean to open on my facebook one day. I was ready on the group buy many moons ago. After what I have seen time and time again I am glad I didn't get one now. I guess I am more sadden that one from our own community did us the way he did and is now on top of the world. I hate when folks do that...
sorry about that!

He was never one of us. We were just a cash cow to him. A way to finance higher profile projects that would make him more money. There’s not a lot of money in expensive parts for relatively unpopular cars (compared to lighter, better-supported Civics, we might as well not exist!)

Bisi came from the Civic world, and his attitude was pretty much what should’ve been expected.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:35 AM   #34
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
Want to know the man Bisi? Watch the first episode of the Netflix show "Fastest Car". What a tool.
On your recommendation, I watched that show last night. To be fair, everyone in that episode (aside from the guy in the wheelchair, who still had his moments) is a tool bag. That chick is "going places" with an attitude like that, though I bet she's still every Facebook tuner guy's wet dream.

The whole premise for the 7-day lead up to that race is stupid. Everyone of those idiots has taken their car down a 1/4-mile drag strip before. What was your time? Compare notes and determine a winner. This isn't the movie Grease.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:50 AM   #35
Accrdwgnguy
Contributing Member

Accrdwgnguy seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to Accrdwgnguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
On your recommendation, I watched that show last night. To be fair, everyone in that episode (aside from the guy in the wheelchair, who still had his moments) is a tool bag. That chick is "going places" with an attitude like that, though I bet she's still every Facebook tuner guy's wet dream.

The whole premise for the 7-day lead up to that race is stupid. Everyone of those idiots has taken their car down a 1/4-mile drag strip before. What was your time? Compare notes and determine a winner. This isn't the movie Grease.
I mean, there is a reason that i only watched the first episode. It was a weak attempt to grab some of the Discovery Channel's market share. It's apparently what outsiders think car culture is.

Last edited by Accrdwgnguy; 07-19-2018 at 09:52 AM.
Accrdwgnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:53 AM   #36
HenRoc
Black Thunder

HenRoc seems to have made some friends! HenRoc seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to HenRoc
I can vouch for Accrdwgnguy. It was GraniteCB7 who had major issues with his and he did a back and forth with a rep from Bisi who was on here for awhile and it didn't pan out.

I didn't stop me from trolling Bisi on Instagram since every once in awhile he does a live video feed from his HQ in California..eventually he told me they would still make one as a special order through them.

What I liked the most that proved that his 'design' was nothing more than an over hyped piece of pipe was the call out on Honda Tech when they debunked the 22 hp gain claim.

REAL Bisimoto header test (2011)

When they found out they were in fact made over sees well ahead of the H22 group buy. Even though they claimed they were made in the US

Bisimoto + Research = Chinese Truth (2012)

Sucks he was in it for the business aspect of it and ran once he made his money.

Shit he didn't even race that Civic Si he built for Honda...in the last live video I saw it was basically parked to the side and had collected pretty good coat of dust on it...even that got bashed on Honda Tech because supposedly the angle of the turbo was way off and apparently Turbonetics isn't that great of a product to begin with.
1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video
HenRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:03 AM   #37
Size9zombie
CB7tuner Member

Turbonetics SUCKS! Garrett and Precision are the 2 top quality brands IMO.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:36 AM   #38
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

^ lol, skip to 28:35 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85_a5E8Gf2g

Old 07-19-2018, 12:41 PM   #39
Size9zombie
CB7tuner Member

That's pretty funny.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:42 PM   #40
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Size9zombie View Post
Turbonetics SUCKS! Garrett and Precision are the 2 top quality brands IMO.
Borg Warner might have something to say about that, too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: