Resetting timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resetting timing

After I replaced the auto tensioner for an h23 manual on my h22, i left to go get a new timing belt, in the time I was gone my friend's son d*cked around with the cam gears, pretty much everything that he could get to turn. So how to I completely reset the timing? Thanks.

JDM powered CB7

Originally posted by Flushcb View Post
    After I replaced the auto tensioner for an h23 manual on my h22, i left to go get a new timing belt, in the time I was gone my friend's son d*cked around with the cam gears, pretty much everything that he could get to turn. So how to I completely reset the timing? Thanks.
    man that sucks, did you hit their dad? lol jk

get you a FSM.. i think Ive said this a couple times lol

1992-1996 prelude si vtec. h22a1 is the jdm h22's cloesest match

there were online sources of the pdf but theyve dried up

Prelude 1992-1996 BB1 BB2 BB3 BA8 Euro USDM - H22A1-H22A2, H23x, F20x

i cant find a source, im sure someone can throw it on a host
    if you ask nicely

Comment

I have a Chilton manual on the h22a1 motor but of course with my luck they only cover the tdc marks on the cam gears, not how to set the timing. I didn't hit the dad but I scared the s*it out of the kid with the impact gun.

JDM powered CB7

Comment

Originally posted by Flushcb View Post
        I have a Chilton manual on the h22a1 motor but of course with my luck they only cover the tdc marks on the cam gears, not how to set the timing. I didn't hit the dad but I scared the s*it out of the kid with the impact gun.
        hahaha

ok, well on the flywheel/torque converter theres a white dash that denotes #1 TDC you get that lined up with the hash cast off the block, line up the marks on the cam sprockets with the edge of the head and thats all there is to it (based on memory) thats why a factory service manual beats any parts store book hands down. They have a lot of visual line drawings, not the b&w photos..
        then when its in the car, you short the diagnostic plug and set the base timing, but before that you have to get the base idle set too.. I just woke up so yeah.
        drop me a PM and Ill host the lude pdf i have.

Comment

http://prelude.openbarr.com/manuals/...92-96_lude.pdf

this one should still work.

Comment

Awesome, thank you!

JDM powered CB7

Comment

I just checked the valves and none are bent and I used the pic on page 52 to set the timing back to normal.

JDM powered CB7

Comment

Working...
              X