Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Vapor Lock Possibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vapor Lock Possibility?

Hi there, I have a 92 honda accord and i'm noticing a pattern on why my car isn't starting. During hot days i can't seem to fully start my car, it cranks but it is still a no go, then when i try it during a cooler temp. or at night it starts perfectly fine and doesn't even hesitate and after i start it, it seems to be normal as it starts again after i travel somewhere and come back home. I'm new to cars and not very familiar with terms and car parts but i've been reading on problems like mine and i'm wondering if it's possible that it can be a vapor lock causing the problem as everything else works fine under the hood. Is this the cause of it? If not, feel free to leave me insightful comments on what other possibilities it could be and how to solve it.

Vapor lock is almost unheard of on FI engines, unless there's problem with the system. You should check on main relay. There are many threads on here as well as on internet talking about "how to" re-solder it as a fix.
    A&P-IA

Comment

Sounds like a main relay to me also. They are located under the dash above all of the pedals. It's a small gray box. Parts stores sell them for around $40-$50 or you could just go to the junkyard and get a couple of them and try them out.

Resoldering the points on the one you have would also be an option. The cracks will be very small and you may have a difficult time seeing them. Just use a soldering iron to reheat all of the points on the board and add solder as needed.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

First, make sure you go through all the testing procedures outlined in the service manual before purchasing anything. A multimeter is your friend.

I personally had the same issue but it turned out to be that the wiring harness to the fuel pump relay had a bad ground (open circuit). The fuel pump would not turn on making it look like the relay was the culprit. As a temporary fix I spliced into the relay connector on the harness straight to ground and it allowed me to get the car home to fix it correctly.

ENG: MAIN RELAY REMOVAL AND REPAIR (pics)

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=main+relay

Honda No Start? POSSIBLE Main Relay
        Last edited by Tishock; 07-19-2012, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X