Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Reason I am Proud to be an American.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
    Can you imagine the utter chaos that would happen in Iraq if we just suddenly upped and left? You have no idea what is really going on over there, or the ramifications of just pulling out. We can't just leave.
    No of course not, that would be just stupid. As of now, we're forced to stay. But my point was that Iraq (in my opinion. anyone can prove me otherwise) was a mistake.

Comment

I just used France as an example cuz I just spent a week there. Just learning about the benefits of living there and not having to pay the kind of taxes that americans pay, also most colleges are free to little money at all. It's pretty cool once your there for a while, but everyday expenses are a bit more expensive.

Comment

That would definitely give me chills. I had one of those feelings yesterday. Chris and I participated in a bike run organized by the members of "Homes for the troops". What this organization does is build homes for the disabled troops returning from Iraq. Over 130 bikes participated with atleast half having passengers at $10 per rider(passenger was 10$ as well). So you figure between all the riders we raised over $1300 for this cause. There were also local companies that donated money.

The Master Sargent said it right, during his speech before the run started.. "We're going to do this right, this time around. We're not going to forget our veterans a few years from now like we have in the past."

It was so....moving being on this run for a couple reasons, one being the main cause. The other was the fact that at one point we rode through a little side entrance to a fire station where two ladder trucks were fully extended and hanging a flag from their ladders. Beside the trucks were two boyscout troops saluting all of us, regardless of who we were. There were people at the ends of their driveways waving flags, had flags draped over their cars etc.I've never seen anything like it.

Comment

France?
          R.I.P Mulberry Red Pearl 90'ex
          SASKCB7 Tuner

Searching for a CB7, within 1000m of me

Comment

Working...
          X