No announcement yet.

f22b dohc swap help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm idk how to tell if there good or not lol and i damn sure hope its not the tranny cause i bought it with the motor. and when the d4 light wasnt blinking the thing took off like nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordcb7ex View Post
      and when the d4 light wasnt blinking the thing took off like nothing.
      Took off like nothing as in raped ape or slow as hell?
      3 CB's gone....
      1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

it flew like a frickin eagle lol and i didnt even floor it i was maybe half throttle. i want it to do that all the time lol.

Comment

They are fun motors aren't they.

Pull the tranny code and post up what you find since I did see anything saying you pulled the code.
          3 CB's gone....
          1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

yeah they sure are when it works for about 20 seconds lmao. well my check engine light hasent come on i think the bulb might be out but the d4 light would blink 4 times when i had the paper clip in the plug which was the VSS. and the speedometer still does not work along with the odometer.

Comment

so would it be the VSS if i switched it with the one from the old motor and the old one worked fine before? just after that small tease of seeing a parcial amount of what the motor has in it i want it to figure this out asap.

Comment

is there any way to tell if the selonoids are bad? ill end up taking the one off the old motor and put them on and see if that changes anything.the d4 light starts blinking once the car is heated up as ive noticed today.i tested the car a little more while the d4 light wasnt blinking and i can keep up with a h22 type s civic that has beat a 5.0 mustang so i know it moves.

Comment

so any ideas on the rest of this????? im going to change the selonoids and im gonna take of of my VSS apart and clean it out and see if that helps any i really hope i dont have to screw around with the gauge. hmm it never came across to me but if there is only 7 out of the 8 bolts for the torque converter on it would that cause any type of problem with the d4 light?

Comment

Working...
                  X