Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rpm jumping high while driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rpm jumping high while driving

I have a 92 accord lx that has around 233k miles on it, I have recently noticed that while driving on the road that my rpms would (at random times) go up to 4k-5k while accelerating around 30-50 mph and makes it difficult to accelerate at a higher speed. Example would be reaching to second or third gear and im around 35 mph and the rpms jump from 2k to 4k-5k, I let go of the acceleration and it calms down, but when I press the pedal to gain speed it revs back up again, when I reach a stop it will either have the same problem once im at 30 mph or becomes normal for the meantime. please tell me what the problems may be and how I can fix it asap

Thank you for taking the time to respond

auto or 5-spd?

if auto that sounds like slipping
    visit vgruk

Comment

Slipping clutch on manual transmission does that, too.
      A&P-IA

Comment

From what he has said so far it sounds like an Auto.

Once the clutch starts slipping it wont all of a sudden "become normal when you stop and take off again" like the OP stated.

Comment

Im with these guys sounds like a slipping auto trans. As long as yours car is an auto. As for fixes if it is your trans and your car is an auto. You are in need of a rebuild most likely. I was once told by and old trans guy that you can dump brake fluid in the trans fluid and it will swell all the trans seals. He said that it is just a temporary fix and once it start slipping the second time its toast. Weather or not this is true or i dont know i have never owned an auto with a bad trans

Comment

^^^ Ive heard of that actually. I was a trans tech for a few years. It can get you home if the trans is slipping, not much more than that but it beats a tow truck.

Comment

Ive also heard saw dust but that sounds sketchy to me

Comment

It seems like Ive heard of that as well. You could throw the trans cooler away after that. Id imagine it would be so pluged it would take more than its worth to clean it. But that would be the least of your worrys.

Comment

Working...
                X