Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

And it began...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard it at the meet. It sounded kinda like a vaccume leak our something. Might also be your down pipe?? Or the pace setter manifold itself since they leak notoriously

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
      I heard it at the meet. It sounded kinda like a vaccume leak our something. Might also be your down pipe?? Or the pace setter manifold itself since they leak notoriously
      I hate it. It was before the header. At least as far as I remember. I am gonna check it all in the next few days, hopefully. The throttle as sticks a little when first pressing it. New throttle body, plenum, intake, and it should all be better.

VTEC by birth, not be choice.

Andy's Auto Sport: Comptech Battery Tie Down, "It will look so trick that your car will think it has more horsepower!"

DumbleDore!'s CG
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199312

Comment

Got it sorted! Replaced the IAC, some $300, and adjusted the idle screw. Back to a proper, purr! Drives tons smoother, too.

Andy's Auto Sport: Comptech Battery Tie Down, "It will look so trick that your car will think it has more horsepower!"

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

Thanks to Quasish, I'll be replacing both corners with brand new ones, and replacing the driver side headlight glass. Thanks again, man!

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

No worries man now you'll have matching corners. And that headlight was my practice housing from my retrofit. They were taking up space under my bed. Thats why the headlight was so dusty inside lo less rock chips though.

Think I'm hitting up the pick n pull today for a downpipe

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

No worries man now you'll have matching corners. And that headlight was my practice housing from my retrofit. They were taking up space under my bed. Thats why the headlight was so dusty inside lo less rock chips though.

Think I'm hitting up the pick n pull today for a downpipe
              Cool, I really need to go do that also. I'm thinking of just buying a Spec D Dynamik header, about 90 bucks, and just using the down pipe. Supposed to be pretty solid, regardless of the price.

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

Sorry, it has been a while since an update. I got new corners on, and replaced the driver side head light glass. Also, thanks to there being a brand new pair of 194s in one of the new corners, I discovered I have been without corners for a while now. Lol Turns out, all four were burnt. So we bought new ones, and I hear they got installed yesterday. I apologize for any typos, my phone is fighting me pretty hard. Anyway, SRI is coming this week, I was wondering if anyone had a DIY, because I need to know what all I am to remove. There seems to be a lot to the OEM air box.

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

Nothing new really. Waiting for the SRI to come. Picked out the audio components. Sub, and speakers next paycheck. Then amp, paycheck after that, and finally wiring, box, and miscellaneous. Keep you updated

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

you smoke the new corners yet?

i got an idea for like a game it wont really work for the whole board. but you should take a picture of your car in a place around town but not say where it is. then ill have to find that place and take the same type of picture. and then set a new place. could be fun

you still need help on the short ram?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

you smoke the new corners yet?

i got an idea for like a game it wont really work for the whole board. but you should take a picture of your car in a place around town but not say where it is. then ill have to find that place and take the same type of picture. and then set a new place. could be fun

you still need help on the short ram?
                      Nah, keeping them clear for now. Not sure if we are gonna smoke em or not. It's funny you should mention that, I was actually thinking of doing that with you signature photo. I had thought it was those train ramps over where Vernon becomes Atlantic. Behind the black train memorial. Im game. Lastly, we are still waiting for it to come in. Should be before Wednesday. Im sure I'll be able to do it, I read a couple.of how-tos and DIYs, so it should be cake.

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

yah it is on vernon lol

right on! dude i cant wait for this next meet!!

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

yah it is on vernon lol

right on! dude i cant wait for this next meet!!
                          Me neither! I was scoping your updates just now. That Apex'i looks sick, and I see you got your down pipe figured out. Sweetness! I should be getting the SRI tomorrow, then ordering speakers all around and the sub Thurs or Friday. Installing the new corner bulbs tomorrow, and hopefully installing that SRI. Was I right? By the train tracks?

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

So, sharing plans for the next month or two. Thurs or Friday we are ordering the speakers and the sub. We are going with Kenwood 3-way 6 1/2"s in the front, 5-way 6x9"s in the rear, and a 12" Polk Audio DXI single VC sub for boom. Kenwood 1000W bridgeable amp, Boss wiring kit, and Atrend ported sub box. Should all be together in about 4 weeks. Ordering a generic (Spyder, BP) header for the downpipe, then reselling the header. After that, lowering springs! Then saving for paint.

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

yup you were dead on, my the tracks.

plans sound good man. i didnt even know there was such thing as 5 way speakers. like a woofer, 3 mids, and 2 tweets?? either way its gunna sound super clean and crisp. cant wait to hear it.

i gotta do my friend's IS300 set up, frankly its a mess.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

yup you were dead on, my the tracks.

plans sound good man. i didnt even know there was such thing as 5 way speakers. like a woofer, 3 mids, and 2 tweets?? either way its gunna sound super clean and crisp. cant wait to hear it.

i gotta do my friend's IS300 set up, frankly its a mess.
                                Sweet. Guess it's my turn. Lol

Yeah, according to Amazon, they are 5 ways. Lol Maybe they are four ways and they labeled them wrong. I can't wait to get it done. Speakers should be in by the meet!

Haha

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

Working...
                                X