CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 2.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 12:28 AM   #21
heretoaskstuff
CB7tuner Member

heretoaskstuff is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGilmore View Post
Limp mode perhaps? I am also with Deev on this one as well, I would try a different ECU and see what happens.
Would it be in limp mode although I'm not throwing any cel codes? I've unplugged the ecu and even did the well know disconnect the battery for 2 hour to fix the problem. Could I put the p06 ecu in it to see if it changes any? It's bone stock.
heretoaskstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:33 PM   #22
heretoaskstuff
CB7tuner Member

Hopefully to make things a little more clear : http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=c...&v=87DKOpRcWD4 this is a link to a video of how my car cuts back at 5,500 rpm's. Also, a horrible 3rd gear pull.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #23
dj_ender
Mod\Dubstep Pusher

dj_ender seems to have made some friends! dj_ender seems to have made some friends!
How is your timing?
dj_ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #24
heretoaskstuff
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_ender View Post
How is your timing?
Actually, I haven't checked the timing. How would I do that?
Old 10-17-2013, 03:00 AM   #25
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
You'll need a timing light to check ignition timing. Valve timing can be checked by inspecting the timing marks on the cam gears and crank pulley (as long as your valves are adjusted properly.)

The battery light could be an indication of a failing alternator, or damaged or corroded wiring.

ALWAYS be sure to eliminate any known issues before upgrading. You'll only compound the frustration if you do additional modifications before you're absolutely sure your car is running properly beforehand.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #26
heretoaskstuff
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
You'll need a timing light to check ignition timing. Valve timing can be checked by inspecting the timing marks on the cam gears and crank pulley (as long as your valves are adjusted properly.)

The battery light could be an indication of a failing alternator, or damaged or corroded wiring.

ALWAYS be sure to eliminate any known issues before upgrading. You'll only compound the frustration if you do additional modifications before you're absolutely sure your car is running properly beforehand.
I've replaced the alternator and belt quite a few times but came to find out it was the cables to the battery that caused the light to come on. I have a set that I can replace the old corroded ones with its just trying to find the time to be able to do it.

Tags
cb7 , ecu , p12 , redline , rpm

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: