Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Headunit with no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headunit with no power

Hey,
    I recently just got a new Alpine CDA-9883 headunit, and it has no power going to it. I installed it on friday and it worked fine until about yesterday when for some reason there was no power to it. I put in my old head unit, an older sony one, and same problem, no power. I checked the fuses under the hood and they were all looking good. Any advice?? Should I check any of the fuses by the door on the drivers side or are they irrelevant.
    '93 Accord LX 5speed

check the fuses in the kick panel, that is where your fuse for ignition/accessory to turn on your deck is. your constant power fuse for memory is in the engine compartment.

thats about all it could be unless you did a mickey mouse install and a wire came loose.

remember kids, never twist and tape! always solder or crimp.

good luck

Member Ride Facebook
    XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
    SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
    For Sale Thread

Comment

There is a radio fuse by the door check it or if not check your wires maybe one shorted

Comment

maybe u shold check all ure grounds. u could be shorting out some where

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
          check the fuses in the kick panel, that is where your fuse for ignition/accessory to turn on your deck is. your constant power fuse for memory is in the engine compartment.

thats about all it could be unless you did a mickey mouse install and a wire came loose.

remember kids, never twist and tape! always solder or crimp.

good luck
          I prefer the twist and tape way easier and faster.. lol jk

but check your connections even if you did crimp them sometimes people do a bad crimp and it comes out.

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
          New people click here

Comment

yea try the fuses or the fuse on the back of the cd player..also see if your ground is loose or some of your wires and shit or touching....if they are get they seprated cause i fried my speaker outputs cause all the wires touched and grounded out..the cd player came on and played but no sound lol
            4 door pimpin'

Comment

ill def check the kick panel fuses when it gets light out, but as for the fuse behind the cd player, i checked it and it looks fine. As for grounding, the alpine cd player had a ground, but the wiring harness had a ground, and that should be enough to ground if i just connect those two right?? It should be since thats all it did and it basically worked for almost a week.
              '93 Accord LX 5speed

Comment

yeah, LOL, i taped up the last prob. 15 cd players i put in with out an issue. BUt yeah, its a ghetto way. I have an alpine and i took it out couse it kept turning off! Every time i started getting into a song, it would just cut off! I got so mad at it i finally just bashed the face in with a pair of plyers while i was driving one day. I put in a crappy ass cd player, and to this day, its never shut off.

But back to the subject, make sure non of you wires in the back of the cd player came out, loose, rubed bare somehow, or shorted out in any way. Even if its just a speaker wire, it wont just shut off you speaker that came loose, it will not allow your player to turn back on untill you fix the short. It took me a while to figure that out.

Comment

got so despreate that i decided to take a shitty flashlight and check out that kick panel. Turns out that the kick panel had a fuse blown, thanks to all who helped out, i wudn't have checked the kick panel because i didn't think the radio had a fuse there,
                  thanks to all
                  '93 Accord LX 5speed

Comment

Originally posted by tn_accord
                    yea try the fuses or the fuse on the back of the cd player..also see if your ground is loose or some of your wires and shit or touching....if they are get they seprated cause i fried my speaker outputs cause all the wires touched and grounded out..the cd player came on and played but no sound lol
                    damn i always forget that fuse!

Originally posted by AllWhiteCoupe
                    But back to the subject, make sure non of you wires in the back of the cd player came out, loose, rubed bare somehow, or shorted out in any way. Even if its just a speaker wire, it wont just shut off you speaker that came loose, it will not allow your player to turn back on untill you fix the short. It took me a while to figure that out.
                    most newer decks have protection circuits to prevent the amp in your deck from shorting out.

kenwoods display an error code when a speaker is blown or a wire is shorting out.

but i always think sharting when someone says shorting...

Originally posted by bryanpaintballi
                    got so despreate that i decided to take a shitty flashlight and check out that kick panel. Turns out that the kick panel had a fuse blown, thanks to all who helped out, i wudn't have checked the kick panel because i didn't think the radio had a fuse there,
                    thanks to all
                    No problem dude

Member Ride Facebook
                    XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                    SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                    For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by bryanpaintballi
                      thanks to all
                      If you haven't already you may want to pull it back out and check everything over. Preferrably when you can see it good, just to make sure all is still good. I always crimp then tape...

Comment

Working...
                      X