Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1990 honda accord - steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 honda accord - steering

Hello, i own a 90 accord dx 2.2l been having a problem with my steering. When im driving the steering get loose and tight kinda like the power steering pump is going but no squealing or nothing fluid is fine think it might be the rack and pinion. Was wondering if i there was a diffrent honda or anything with a manual rack i could replace it with? Dont really need power steering and a new one is expensive just asking for help/advice thank you
    Last edited by Reevesie92; 06-29-2019, 03:58 PM.

Originally posted by Reevesie92 View Post
    Hello, i own a 90 accord dx 2.2l been having a problem with my steering. When im driving the ateering get loose and tight kinda light the power steering pump is going but no squealing or nothing fluid is fine think it might be the rack and pinion. Was wondering if i there was a diffrent honda or anything with a manual rack i could replace it with? Dont really need power steering and a new one is expensive just asking for help/advice thank you

"the power steering pump is going". Does it do this with the pump belt off? Maybe it's just the pump and you should replace the pump.

Comment

Car only has 115xxx miles on it
      Last edited by Reevesie92; 06-30-2019, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Did you bleed the system?
        Any leaks by the rack?
        Are you strong?
        Did you eat your Wheaties?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Is there fluid in the power steering reservoir? There is a DIY in our DIY section that shows how to convert our racks to manual racks.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Update changed the power steering pump still doing the same thing and yes fluid is fine

Comment

Originally posted by Reevesie92 View Post
              Update changed the power steering pump still doing the same thing and yes fluid is fine
              Then you have a blockage in the lines or something wrong with the rack. Your best bet at this point is to swap the rack out. Sounds like you need a shop's help to determine what is binding up...

Comment

How much have you driven it since the pump change? Have you turned the wheel all the way lock to lock to help purge air from the system?
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

rip out all components to the power steering system and loop the vss. done...

Comment

Have another question can i just take off my power steering belt? Its on by itself and would i be able to daily drive it without the belt or doing anything else? I can deal without power steering

Comment

Yes you can just remove the belt. Try it out and see!

Comment

Working...
                      X