Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suspension

ok so i got a 1991 accord SE ! and i got some no name aka (ebay) coilovers when i tried to put them on the coilsovers didnt seem to have the right height to match my car. so i dont know what i need to make them fit i got a friend who told me i need to get kyb gr-2's and i dont know if i should or not got any ideas????

(should i buy this to help my problem)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KYB-G...27157003r25481

Get the GR2's if you must, but get better springs.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

but im trying to use the coilovers i have already bought!

Comment

Sell them for scrap metal and get your money back.
        I've driven on ebay coils, and I know you won't be happy for long. Sure, they'll slam your car. But, the ride quality and material quality is NOT worth it.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

ok so if i did that do you think it would be easier if i just bought lowing springs ??? cuz im trying to lower my car the cheapest way possible you know

Comment

Originally posted by watersboi View Post
            cuz im trying to lower my car the cheapest way possible you know
            Worst thing you could possibly think.
            If you don't have the money now, save up until you can do it right.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

agreed... tas auto sells a kit with eibach lowering springs and kyb's for about 500... just save up man... cheapie coilovers eat struts and are super stiff (at first) eventually your suspension will feel like a trampoline or the adjuster sleeves will fail (i've seen them strip out)
              THOU SHALT NOT SHIT IN DEEVE'S WHEATIES

Comment

y be suicidal, with ebay pars?

Originally posted by zack_odom
                Yummmmm. I'm going to go eat some Buddy Club sauce with my Mugen Spoon.

Comment

i just really like that slammed look and i was think coilovers would be the best possible way to do that ....but im thinkin ima just save up

Comment

Originally posted by i<3mycb7coupe View Post
                    y be suicidal, with ebay pars?
                    Cheap parts will break much easier than quality parts. If a suspension part breaks or fails, your life will be in danger.
                    Originally posted by watersboi View Post
                    i just really like that slammed look and i was think coilovers would be the best possible way to do that ....but im thinkin ima just save up
                    Yes, coilovers are the easiest way to slam your car. But, get name brands; Function & Form, D2, Skunk2, Ground Control, K-Sport, OmniPower, etc.

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

alright yeah thats what ill do thanks man

Comment

Working...
                      X