Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

can i use a p13 ecu in my 90 honda accord lx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can i use a p13 ecu in my 90 honda accord lx

anybody know what i need to do in order to have the p13 ecu work well. i have a h23a3 non v motor swap running with a pt3. im jus wondering if i could use the p13 ecu since it came with the motor swap. it plugs right in and starts up. but it doesnt rev like i guess it suppose to. any help please

I believe with the h23, you need a p14

Comment

Correct. The P13 is for the H22, and will not run an H23 correctly. Get a P14, or find someone to chip a P06 and tune it for YOUR motor (not a generic tune). Those are your options.

For now, I'd stick with the PT3... but don't drive it hard. Drive it like it's broken.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Correct. The P13 is for the H22, and will not run an H23 correctly. Get a P14, or find someone to chip a P06 and tune it for YOUR motor (not a generic tune). Those are your options.

For now, I'd stick with the PT3... but don't drive it hard. Drive it like it's broken.
        were does the p06 come from. what year make and model?

Comment

92-95 Civic DX/LX.

It MUST be modified and properly tuned to be used. It's not just a "plug it in and go" deal.

Honestly... just get the P14.

Comment

Good thing about the p14, they're EVERYWHERE and don't cost that much. I bet you could find one on Ebay for around 50 dollars, shipped.

Comment

I found one in the junkyard the other day.

Unfortunately... the car had caught fire.

Comment

I was just browsing Ebay, found several for 50 to 70 dollars. Which is about as much as I'd pay. Even that may be a bit steep. You could always try Craigslist

Comment

50 is decent. 75 is a bit high.

That P13 would sell on ebay for more than a P14... or it could be traded to someone that pulled an H23 in favor of an H22.

Comment

ok thanks all for the help

Comment

another quick question.. ok so i have dicided that i am going to go with the p14 ecu since i have a h23a non v swap already done. Does it matter if the p14 ecu comes from an auto or manual.

Comment

I've read that it does. But, a lot of performance shops will convert from auto to manual for a small fee.

Comment

idk but shouldn't the only thing diffrent from a p13 and a p14 is the v-tec?

Comment

Why would that be the only difference? VTEC is essentially two camshafts in one... so the fueling for a VTEC motor is completely different.

You are assuming that because the ECUs and engines are named similarly that they are similar... and honestly, in terms of tuning, they aren't very similar at all.

Comment

i never thought about it like that thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X