Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mike, thanks for the picture, i dont have the insight drl unit!

will i still be able to wire the lights like this minus the way you ran the highbeam lights to the drl. could i just split the neg. wire from the highbeams to both the low and high harness and use the positive wire originally from the highbeam harness???then i'd have high beams from both and low from just the reg. housing??
    .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

Originally posted by 93cb7ExCoupe

will i still be able to wire the lights like this minus the way you ran the highbeam lights to the drl. could i just split the neg. wire from the highbeams to both the low and high harness and use the positive wire originally from the highbeam harness???then i'd have high beams from both and low from just the reg. housing??
      to be honest, im not sure. id say yes, but who knows, maybe theres not enough current to run both at the same time, maybe the way the grounds are hooked up something might be weird, like the highbeams always staying on, etc. you could try it and see if it works. one way or the other definately works, but having both as lowbeams, im not sure.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

sorry for the confusion .. i meant having both on only when im using the high beams.. the low will only be the normal low beam one light
        .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

sorry for the confusion .. i meant having both on only when im using the high beams.. the low will only be the normal low beam one light
          im sorry i knew what you meant, my mind wandered as i wrote, but what i said still applies

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

cool. thanks for the info!! i appreciate it!

My CD7

Comment

Any update on this Did U try it? If yes, how did it turn out?

Na Lobi Bien Mua Café Mua Café Oyo Na Meli Elingi Ko Bima. J'aime les Madesu ya Mpembe que du Poulet!!!

Comment

so why not wire the h1 as a high beam and the high on the h4 as a high, double high beam?

or is there a reason not to do this?

...im getting jdm's yo!
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                  so why not wire the h1 as a high beam and the high on the h4 as a high, double high beam?

or is there a reason not to do this?

...im getting jdm's yo!
                  If you wire up the H4 bulb to be both high and low on our cars then both filaments would be on. On a normal H4 car it is one or the other, not both. I believe that is why most people choose to not use the high beam filament on the H4 and just use the H1.

Comment

i thought that it would work as normal and when ground hits it just turns to high. cuase a standard h4 bulb has 3 prongs, and then that other prong just turns the high on...if u wire it right wont you only get the high when the highs are enguaged? thats how my 300zx is/./
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Retro!

Hater

Comment

The standard H4 has 1 power and 2 grounds( high beam ground and low beam ground) since our cars are negatively switched. The thing is since we originally have a 9006 and a 9005 when you activate the high beams both turn on. What you want is for only 1 beam to turn on.

I tried wiring up h4 hi/low with H1 drl, but I could never get it to work properly and gave up.

Comment

ill probably try it, i re-wired my buddies old car from the old h4 low and high plus 1 single high beam to one bulb, so i shoudnt have a problem.

ill re-do my drls too cause they are disconnected as well.

i guess ill try it, haha thats alot of high beam light honestly =)

Retro!

Hater

Comment

ah, i see what you mean by the high and low staying on. The stock 9005 high beam wires are always positive until they are switched by the headlight switch, one turns to ground and the other to positive.

the h4 harness has 3 prongs, ground...power....and high beam power.

I only dry ran this setup, i dont have my jdms yet but it seems to work with a relay to get the highs to turn on the h4 bulb in theroy.

take the 9005 wires, one is ground (when switched) going to pin 85, and one is power, going to pin 86.

then take the 87 output to the h4 headlight unused prong, that is positive power out.

and then run pin 30 to the battery with a fuse.

basically what is happening here is that the h4 bulb uses 1 ground, and 2 power sources. the relay is only triggerd when the high beams are on so that power goes to the h4 bulb. and then when the highs are off its not on.

maybe cpmike can explain it better, but i think im on the ball.

brighter highs, for the dude who has more time on his hands than cash lol

...oh and the h1 high is wired normal.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

i did it, and wow....instead of a standard light with high beam, i now have 2 high beams left and right plus the standard bulb...when i turn on the high beams its soo fuken bright! hahah

it was a little backwards from what i just posted, but same thing, ill probably do a writeup soon when i have time, but i left them on for a good while and no melt downs at all and works perfectly.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

is it me or is the 194 bulbs in the jdm headlights hard to change when the headlight is mounted in the car? on the drivers side there is like no room thanks to the windshield washer resavor.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                                X