• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome H22 info

just found this and if its for real then i have a very good engine
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_H_Engine
    this is what mine is according to this write up:
    AND it seems like i have a very small advantage with the compression ratio as mine is from Japan:
    Compression ratio: 10.0-10.6:1 (North America); 10.0-11.0:1 (Europe); 10.6-11.0:1 (Japan)

H22A

Found in the Japanese 4th gen Prelude Si VTEC (2WS BB4 & 4WS BB1). It produces 200 PS (147 kW; 197 hp) @ 6,800 rpm & 161.50 ft·lbf (218.96 N·m) @ 5,500 rpm and comes with a black valvecover.
    Last edited by Madpol; 04-09-2013, 01:01 AM.

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
    — Mighty Car Mods

double check the date stamps on the head.

Im still trying to figure out what mine came from. Its a 1997 stamp on the head
    closed deck, with automagic LSD. with P0F & P0N. my best guess is:

Japanese 5th gen Accord SiR Sedan (CD6)

Comment

I don't get it. You have an H22A. What's the new discovery?
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        I don't get it. You have an H22A. What's the new discovery?
        no i dont...i have a H22.

H22 and H22a are different
        H22a was made for the American market.

mine is actually stamped H22 and thats it

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
        — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
          double check the date stamps on the head.

Im still trying to figure out what mine came from. Its a 1997 stamp on the head
          closed deck, with automagic LSD. with P0F & P0N. my best guess is:

Japanese 5th gen Accord SiR Sedan (CD6)
          mine is from a 93 Prelude and the guy said hes sure it was an Si.
          i know this because i helped him take it out of the lude he was wrecking and it had 210k on the clock. and before him it as an old guy that owned it and looked after it very well.

— Mighty Car Mods

Comment

I'd very much like to see a stamp that says "H22" on it and nothing more.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

First of all, wikipedia doesn't impress me at all.

This statement;

The F20B, though technically coded part of the F-series family of engines, was basically a destroked version of the H22A. It was developed for Honda to be able to enter into the 2-liter class in racing.

Seems written by some jackass tuner kid that thought he would make a wiki on H22. There are a lot of difference besides "basically destroked version of h22a"

Hard to take the link as anything more than a pet project by someone online.

I could make a wiki on unicorns and how they used to mate with horses and then with the inter-species mating the horn became obsolete as new unicorns didn't always have a horn because of selective genetic dominance. Over time, unicorns became fewer and farer between and ficticious in nature achieving folklore status because the very idea of a unicorn was silly-since horses exist now and have no horn.

Doesn't mean I am right, and seriously people make stupid wiki shit up all the time.

The first paragraph on the silly wiki;

DOHC engines[edit]

H22

The H22 debuted in the U.S. in 1993 as the H22A1 for use in the Honda Prelude VTEC

SO I don't really understand why/where you are getting that H22 is different than h22a or anything else. They are all different versions of the same engine.

H22The H22 debuted in the U.S. in 1993 as the H22A1 for use in the Honda Prelude VTEC
              Originally posted by wed3k
              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
              X