Foglights on Cb9 bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foglights on Cb9 bumper

Hey guy's I'm very sad to say my Cb7 was involved in a accedent on the front driver's side.... Luckly nobody was hurt is the best thing but the cb was hurt... It had blown the 80 amp fuse *I belive* It busted the radiator, condencer, bumper and support were toast ( but yet the blinker was fine ) it took out my headlight ( side blinker Is fine ) and bent the hood a lot and it bent up the support beam where the latch is... What it did was bend in the area where the condenser sits and pushed it strait back the condenser fan was done the radiator fan works but isnt pretty.... So I spent until about 3am pulling the frame out as best I could ( now mind you the engine as it was could have started and ran if the radiator was not busted) So I got a new radiator in the car with both new fan's installed and working as of now with good clearance from the engine the damage bent the frame enough that the condenser will not fit in fact on of the radiator studs is about a fingers with out of the hole it should be in but it works as of now and the car is driveable and so I rocked my white bumper for today and original headlight that came with the car the grill was fine and this afternoon I went to the pull and grabbed some parts to get the car working right again for now minus the condenser and the only car in the yard that matched my Mulberry Red Pearl was a cb9 a very I mean very clean car that had been side swiped on the driver's side so I proceed to take the hood off and decided to take the bumper as well test fitted it to make sure it would fit and went on my way. I pulled my white bumper off and the hood and fitted the cb9 bumper and hood on the car and they fit pretty darn good except for some gap on the driver's side.... As odd as it looks * yeah seriously it looks odd but will probably not bother me after a while and when I find a sedan in mulberry I will probably swap that one on but the question I have is that I have is that this is a 90/91 bumper (clear lense blinkers) and I was wondering if there is any way of fitting my 92/93 fog lights onto the bumper because the 90/91 deffently will not fit but the curve below the blinkers may allow for the 92/93 foglights to be installed any idea's on if that could work?
    thanks

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
    Do it once, do it right.
    Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
    Missing My
    White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
    Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

So you want 9293 fogs on a 9091 bumper?

I doubt they are the same being different bumper turn signal shapes and sizes.

With a little creativity, bondo work and a rotary tool like a dremel I'm sure you can make it for flush but I'm betting on that It won't bolt on like oem.

Vice versa.

Personally id run some type of off-road fog lights like Hella as fogs.

I would mount them on the exterior of the bumper but I recently purchased a 91 ef sedan and I ran upon some photos of a ef with hella fogs tucked behind the bumpers grille.

Quite a clean approach. Discreet but functional.

Comment

Creativity is key to modding a Cb.

I found the awncer but It deffently will only allow for the 90/91 light's. I'm pretty inoyed at myself for selling my prime set ive held on to for a good while..... What I have left is my 92/93 lights in which I had thought would fit on the car because of the large curve below the blinker light's it deffently "looked" smaller than to even think of fitting 90/91 foglight's on but it has been done. I really thought that with a little thinking and modding I could get the 92/93 lights in there but they require a large curve unless I put them on the bottom and since the side is rounded in it cannot match how far out the curve into the "grill" is so I guess this cannot happen atleast on the 90/91 bumper even with all the thinking I can do for getting them in there and still getting a clean look. Though I can just go along and wait and find a set of 90/91 and Pm a member or two for more information on installation. This Color is beautiful in my eye's and I also like it because "not that its rare" but I have not seen a cb around town with the same color as mine and that's just cool in and of itself!
      Last edited by schierholz; 01-29-2014, 12:54 PM.

Do it once, do it right.
      Missing My
      Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Bringing this one back.. I have not found a set of Cb foglights at my local yard lately and i'm not fully convinced that the usdm fogs will fit my bumper anyways... so what I want to know is are there any other lights that could fit the cb9 bumper?

Do it once, do it right.
        Missing My
        Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

There is not a bumper specific to the CB9. There's a '91 wagon bumper and one for '92-'93 wagons. Each of them use the respective fog lights designed for those years with wagon-specific brackets.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Good info... too bad they only made the mulberry peril for 91.. I would love to put my 92/93 foglights back on my cb but I will have to ditch the 91 wagon bumper with looks alright on the sedan but a new paint job is in order for my cb so I will just paint a new 92/93 bumper

Do it once, do it right.
            Missing My
            Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Working...
            X