Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Function & Form question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Function & Form question

So, outside of the type 1 being non-adjustable, what other differences are there between the two?

Also, which would you prefer having?

Tried looking around the forums, and not sure if I looked enough.

the f&f 1s are adjustable. you can adjust the ride height.

The difference is the adjustable dampening on the F&F type 2s
    <-- MRT

Comment

Q: What’s the difference between Type I and Type II

A: The type II is a improvement to our Type I suspension. We changed the adjustability from 24 levels to 18 true levels of adjustability, with clicking action on each damper setting. We also improved some of the key components such as the shock seals and oils, rubber components, and the quality and finish of the aluminum pieces. And the range of adjustment as been approved to get more height adjustability range, without affecting the pre-load on the springs.
      Just recently introduced into the CB market a little over a month ago, these are the newest line of coilovers for the 90-93 Accord chassis. These are NOT the same as the 94-97 applications as the shocks are shorter giving the 90-93 chassis the ultimate in ride height adjustability as well as 18-way adjustable dampening.
      later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

The "better" one is the one that has features you need and can use. Most people don't need the additional adjustability of the Type 2 (nor do they have the knowledge or tools to really adjust it properly), so it's often a waste.
        Get what suits your needs best. Either one is well-made for the price. As far as "cheap" coilovers go, F&F is the only one I'd go with myself.

Comment

thanks guys. I was thinking on getting these sooner but I thought I'd get some input/knowledge before committing.

edit- gonna go with the type 1s since I don't feel like I need the adjustable dampening
          Last edited by a1phanum3rics; 12-08-2013, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by a1phanum3rics View Post
            thanks guys. I was thinking on getting these sooner but I thought I'd get some input/knowledge before committing.

edit- gonna go with the type 1s since I don't feel like I need the adjustable dampening
            I went ahead with the F&F type 1 in my sedan. In my opinion you need to know what you want out of a product. If you want an affordable way to lower your ride coilover sleeves will get the job done but you will compromise on how your car rides.
            That being said F&F is the way to go best bang for your buck. They ride great. then if you really want to feel a difference in handling get a set of aftermarket front and rear swaybars with a new bushing set. You'll be amazed at the difference.

Comment

By cheaping out, you're not only compromising how your car rides, but also the safety of it. A cheap, improperly matched suspension can be deadly.

Coilover sleeves can be very good. I'd take a set of Ground Control sleeves and Koni Yellow shocks over any "full coilover" on the market for our cars.

Comment

f&f type ones may be cheap but its actually a pretty decent coilover. im running a set and i honestly have no complaints

Comment

The price scares me, as there's no way they can make such a thing so cheap without using some low-cost overseas production company. However, I still have yet to hear any complaints about F&F products, or about the company itself.
                  I'm reluctantly impressed, and as I said above, they'd likely be the brand I'd go with if I went for a full coilover setup (unless I was going full race... then there are some serious options deep into the 4 figure range.)

Comment

if u are going to track the car or race it in any way, i wouldn't recommend f&f. i only have f&f on my car because its a daily driver that will never see the track.

i have heard of a guy whose f&f coil overs just fell apart at an auto x event so if i were gonna gonna track the car, then i would save up for a more reputable and safer option

Comment

F&F coilovers are supposedly designed for "casual track use"... but yeah, not a serious performance option. There aren't really many serious options for our cars, sadly.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318

if i was gonna track my car, i would get the koni sp3 dampners and a lowering spring

Comment

SP3s are discontinued... but that's a good choice.
                          I currently run Koni Yellows and Neuspeed Sports for a comfortable ride with a nice stance. H&R Race springs were on there before, and the performance was good... but the ride was a bit low and harsh for my taste.

Comment

ah damn, i was thinking about getting a set of those so i can track my car in the future

ill just gets some koni yellows lol

Comment

Working...
                            X