Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could you put rsx seat in an accord

is it possibble any ideas

Im not even going to give my usual rant about bench seats.

SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

to answer your question, yes.

will it be a direct fit, no.

so you need rails, and some custom fabrication will be necessary.

this is for front seats.

rears, i have no clue, but i doubt it.
      '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
      -'93 BRP LX 4AT
      -'92 AGP LX 5MT
      -'93 AGP EX 4AT
      10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
        i don't know about fitting seats that weren't designed for your car. while you may be able to get a seat that you desire to fit onto a bracket that will fit your car, you may end up testing the waters if you get into an accident. but i suppose that you are at the mercies of past honda engineers if you get into an accident.

your best bet is to look at the specs of the seat(s) you are inquiring about. you need to find the length and width of the seating surface,and compare it to the length and width of your current stock seat. if the seat is too wide, it won't fit properly in the car, regardless of the brackets on the bottom.

after that, you would need to take a look at how the brackets are positioned on the bottom of the seat.

then, you'll need to find out the length of the brackets on the desired seat. it's best if you can use the brackets that exist in the desired seat, so as not to rip out the brackets and put in your own, as it will decrease the integrity of the seat itself. it makes sense to find a bracket length as close as possible (if not exact) to that of the cb7, so that it will fit in the tracks.

synopsis: dimensions of desired seat compared to the stock seat, bracket positioning, bracket length of desired seat.

you could theoretically, if you didn't care about having a seat that slides forward and backward, bolt the seat directly into the floor. i've only seen it done in a 240sx, and it was a show car at that.
        my comment out of this thread:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t&pagenumber=1

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Working...
        X