Needing Naming Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needing Naming Input

I am starting an online based vintage resale store.
    I have been agonizing over the name for over a month now, and I need some ideas.
    The store will feature mostly coats, bags, and jewelry. (and a few vintage suits for the guys!)

I want the name to be catchy, but still evoke feelings towards bygone eras.
    As an example: There is a vintage store in Orlando called "Lollypops and Pistols"
    I think that is a great name, because of the imagery it brings to mind.

Images for Inspiration

So, any ideas?
    Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Vintage Mob.
    Mobsters & Flappers.

LadyG's Vintage Wear.
    92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
    2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
    2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Lollipops and Pistols brings to mind nostalgic images, even of a time predating my own. I imagine children from the 50s-70s, complete with an amber hue.
      A clothing store with that name makes me think of clothes that you'd buy to relive/remember/recreate those years. Perhaps everyday wear, even as simple as t-shirts, ball caps, or sneakers.

From the pictures you posted, it seems you're going for a classy look. Perhaps not everyday wear, but things for a bit more of a special occasion.
      If you could find a way to convey the same idea as Lollipops and Pistols, only with a "fancier" connotation... you'd be on the right track.

Comment

Hippey discos

Gimme the skinny vintage clothing

Beat the drag clothing

Boss vintage clothing

Caposhi vintage clothing
        Last edited by toycar; 03-29-2013, 03:11 PM.
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

The "New" Deal
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Those pics were rather good representations of things I have actually found.

Thanks Guys!

I have been so stuck! Ask your wives! Ask your GF's!

Keep em coming!

Comment

Classy lassie.

02 Crv
              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Rewind or yesterday's

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  a time predating my own.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                  It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Comment

Old world customes. Throwback. Time capsule
                      -Will

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
                        Images for Inspiration.......

......So, any ideas?
                        I believe you've already said it.
                        Originally posted by deevergote.
                        And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Best of wishes Lady G. Dang, i think i just said a name right there:

Best of wishes. What do you think?

Seriously, recently i was in the same deal as you, thinking of a name for my business and i had this thought; If you can think of a name that starts with an A, your business name will be the near of everyone's contact list. Just a thought.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

I don't want to post whos suggestions I like and who's I don't, because I appreciate EVERYBODY'S input on this!!

I have a little word list on my desktop, and yes- this thread has put a few more
                            words in there!

I still have a little time before I have to commit.

No Judgement on the suggestions already here- but I don't really want the word "vintage" in the title. It could be a postscript, like: BLAHBLAH: a vintage boutique, but I really want to come up with something that I can spin into a very strong brand image- because this is online based, it has to have a lot of impact to stick in someone's head.

I will be using Etsy as a "cookie cutter" retail outlet, (its like Ebay for artsy ish only) but I will also have an instagram, a fb, and a stand-alone website as well.

I have this whole plan pretty well laid out- sans what to call it!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
                              No Judgement on the suggestions already here- but I don't really want the word "vintage" in the title.
                              I was thinking the exact same thing.
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                              X