Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ELE FAIL STARTING/IDLING ISSUE HELP!!!one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ELE FAIL STARTING/IDLING ISSUE HELP!!!one!

Let me preface this by saying all the simple stuff has been checked. Grounds, relays, fuses, etc.

Looks as though we have a few issues going on. The car wont start and there's no power to the starter signal wire. The ignition switch is bad, we replaced it and are now getting power from that switch on the starting position(blk/wht).
    The starter cut relay and main relays are also working properly.
    We have power to the clutch safety switch and power to the number 9 fuse just like we are suppose to. There is no power to the clutch interlock switch. It should have 12volts and it doesn't. We checked continuity between all the circuits and everything is good.

With all that being said, we decided to straight wire the starter signal from the ignition switch to the starter with an inline fuse.
    Now it starts but idles badly, the tach jumps around and then stalls- or idles extremely low.
    Tried a different ecu and that didnt work.

I am dying of frustration and Chris only has so much time to spend on this car. He has 2 shop deadlines this weekend. If anyone has any insight at all or dealt with a similar problem please shed some light on this.
    We have pulled the under dash fuse box... We don't want to take apart the dash!
    HALP!!!!
    Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Sounds like an Ignition problem, ever replaced the dist. ?
    wat?

Comment

Not an ignition problem at all. I dont have 12volts to the starter signal wire. So in turn the starter wont engage. This is a starting system problem.
      ODBWeldingWerks
      Team Kindred Impulse Jax FL

Comment

Maybe that 7.5 amper is blown?
        A&P-IA

Comment

Thats one of the first things I checked man.
          ODBWeldingWerks

Comment

Ive tried that diagram before as well and it doesnt match her wire colors, fucking Honda, lol.
            ODBWeldingWerks

Comment

It could be due to loose/worn terminal spades.

man.
              A&P-IA

Comment

Could be a main relay issue. Normally that allows it to crank. But in this case could be different and that could be causing fuel pressure issues as well.

Comment

See the wiring diagram for starter circuit above?

There's no main relay shown,,,,,,
                  A&P-IA

Comment

Working...
                  X