Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Connecting Rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting Rods

Im trying to find some connecting rods. i prefer h beam. bisimoto is out of stock. i was wonder what other connecting rods would work.

i have found that the right length would be 5.580 for the connecting rods.
    Accord SE

93se
    Members Ride
    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
    Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

There are some ASC rods on eBay right now for $429.00 or best offer.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Since you didn't say what engine, I'm assuming F22A? Race Engineering has theirs as well for $429.00. Eagle used to have rods for the F22A, but they no longer show them on their site. Why don't you give them a call? They may have a few laying around or might be willing to make one more set just for you. The length IIRC is actually 5.571. That is the same length for F22As, H23As, and B20A5s.
      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Probe Rods are cheap and get the job done! ran some for a couple years personally.

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
        My Ride thread
        Flickr
        Originally posted by d112crzy
        And it can only get better. That's the best part.
        All I gotta really say is:
        People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

id honestly buy the cheapest ones off ebay and have them checked out. they use arp rod bolts but they are also out of stock which sucks because i need i beams
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

they actually dont sell probe rods anymore, they are discontinued.

Comment

Yes the f22a6, sorry. thanks for the advice. i will try to give them a call then. How much power could the stock rods hold up to?
              Accord SE

93se
              Members Ride
              Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak

Comment

I wouldn't put more than 200whp on them personally, some might say otherwise. Keep in mind your car makes 140bhp, so why would Honda put rods in there that could handle much more than that?

Found this on eBay: Crankshaft Depot Connecting Rods
                '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

does anyone agree or disagree with 200 for stock rods? new oem connecting rods. i was thinking 250?
                  Accord SE

93se
                  Members Ride

Comment

Not all oem rods are the same honda did an actual we will call it a little oem blueprint. This is why oem bearings are also color coated.

I had my stockers shot peened IIRC it was under $150 for the set +$90 for the 9mm ARP gsr rod bolts i paired with my peened rods. But if i was to redo it i would have bought the forged ones on ebay if money allowed, but i don't plan on making over 200whp'ish if i ever spray or even keep the cb it was more so a piece of mind than anything.

02 Crv
                    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

OEM rod will hold up to 200whp. I would be more concerned about the rod bolts and bearing clearances. This also depends on whether or not your building FI or N/A.

I would do 200/300whp turbo no problem on stock rods and rod bolts......
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                        I wouldn't put more than 200whp on them personally, some might say otherwise. Keep in mind your car makes 140bhp, so why would Honda put rods in there that could handle much more than that?

Found this on eBay: Crankshaft Depot Connecting Rods
                        i was just wondering.

thanks for the advise guys, i dont think i will be making much more than 200whp with this build, n i may have to buy stock ones. bull im still lookin for h beam
                        Accord SE

93se
                        Members Ride

Comment

can i get an opinion on these right here?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CXRacing-Hon...ht_3961wt_1167

they look legit but i just want a second opinion plz.

Thanks guys!
                          Accord SE

93se
                          Members Ride

Comment

That is pretty cheap for a set of rods..... 142mm is .5mm longer than stock. If they are indeed 142mm. You would require a set of pistons with a different compression height than stock F22/H23 30.55mm. You would need a set with 30mm CH, the 142mm rods on stock CH pistons would put you 0.022" out of the hole.
                            MR Thread
                            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                              That is pretty cheap for a set of rods..... 142mm is .5mm longer than stock. If they are indeed 142mm. You would require a set of pistons with a different compression height than stock F22/H23 30.55mm. You would need a set with 30mm CH, the 142mm rods on stock CH pistons would put you 0.022" out of the hole.
                              i do have aftermarket pistons. now to check the compression height of them and possibly order the rods, but ill be replacing the bolts and all with arp ones.

Thanks for that advise this has been really help fun and done alot for my build progress.
                              Accord SE

93se
                              Members Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X