Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Bisimoto Level 3 vs Skunk Pro 3+ H22A Camshafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bisimoto Level 3 vs Skunk Pro 3+ H22A Camshafts

What do you think is better, Bisimoto Level 3 or Skunk Pro 3+ cams for the H22A?

Bisi doesn't release full specs of the camshafts so it's hard to compare spec for spec. This is for N/A application, emissions don't care. With obvious tune and other supporting mods.
    Bisimoto Level 3
    44.44%
    Skunk Pro 3+
    44.44%
    Other (note below please)
    11.11%
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

i would pick Bisimoto over anything, it's quality proven parts with real R&D behind it.

Comment

I think your biggest issue is I don't think a single member on this board owns either set. You wouldn't be able to DD either set(within reason), so it would probably have to be a track/show car only. While that's probably a big assumption on my part, I'd say if anything maybe 1 or 2 at the most.
      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

I've spoken with Bisi and the recommend not puting the level 3 in a DD. With that said I know a lot of people that run a 3/4 cam in street cars. Most muscle car guys do it.
        '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

You can't always clearly compare one companies camshaft levels against another. This Level naming shyte is for children. Why don't you take a look at the actual specs of the cams and see what ones will work best for your car and it's current mods. I'll be honest here, I have not compared the two that are being talked about in this thread. I'm just going by personal experience and research. Some may be closer than others and still have completely different operating characteristics. With just a very subtle change in lift or duration.

I am running a set of "level 3" CompCams in my 2.0L Zetec tribute right now. I had a set of Level 2s before, not much different over stock. Now this set of level 3s is very aggressive. However, they are very easily used in a daily driver. Specially when the engine can still make use of them and the driver knows how to rev match to keep the cams from stalling out the engine at lower rpms. That being said, the specs for a CompCams level 3 and a Bisi level 3 are not the same. Do some research and please don't go by companies camshaft level naming conventions. Pick the cam specs for the engine you are building.

If a cam with .410" lift and 289 duration is more than your current mods can handle, don't use it. Or if you have no idea what your mods can handle... do some more reading!
          Last edited by GhostAccord; 10-22-2013, 01:55 PM.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

what are "other supporting mods"?...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
            My Ride thread
            Flickr
            Originally posted by d112crzy
            And it can only get better. That's the best part.
            All I gotta really say is:
            People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u View Post
              what are "other supporting mods"?...
              Depends on the specs of the camshaft, but off the top of my head I'll throw out a couple examples for a "stage/level 3".

- Higher Compression - I.E. pistons
              - Valves and valve springs
              - Intake manifold and or throttle body (Possibly individual throttles or Carbs)
              - Exhaust header and cat back
              - Valve job for sure and maybe some cylinder head porting.....
              - A tunable EMS
              Last edited by GhostAccord; 10-22-2013, 01:52 PM.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Bisi 3's .488"/.470" 272º/270º emphasis 2900-9000rpm
                Skunk2 3's. .500"/.470" 270º/273º emphasis 1500-9800rpm

There's a reason the world's fastest all motor lude runs pro 3's though.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

We got custom bisi cams on our h2b racecar.
                  Sounds like a v8!!

We are running itbs with it, but realistically
                  Turns out doing a k boosted will get us better
                  Power.
                  MadLab Racing
                  Southern Maryland

Comment

I've never used anything from Bisi, and it's been to my understanding from alot of my crew mates that alot of his stuff is overpriced for the performance it gives. I'm not one to speak on it, I never take someone elses personal experience as a banner to wave around, but i'd be interested on hearing someones input.

Me personally, I wouldn't go with either. While I don't handle the tuning aspects of my CB7 specifically from the Downhill to the Street the Jun-III's with the full Valve-train to support are FLAWLESS. The Power gains even untuned were astounding (and apparent), fluid power/torque delivery and despite the aggressive profile the streetability of the cam remains immaculate. MOST of my driving/racing isn't done in a straight line so the Sk2-3's (Which imho are a drag-beneficial cam) didn't serve the purpose (and weren't nearly as Daily friendly as the JUN's).

Though a bit on the expensive side, Short of a custom-grind I'm FIRM on JUN's. not here to say they're the BEST but i've YET to see another accords Tails on the hill or a straight since using them, and out of my group my STOCK BORE H22 is currently putting out the most power, and these are guys using everything from Skunk2 to Crower, even Blox (Eww).

Comment

I've been keeping my eye on the cams coming from Derek @ DDTECH Cams for the last few months. He has put up some impressive numbers with his H22 cam profiles. They are not just straight line cams ether.

I have been in contact with him for possibly doing a couple F22 cam profiles for my build. Very impressed with his knowledge on the subject and customer service.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I have also been hearing more and more good things about ddtech cams lately.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

I am a huge fan of the Skunk2 Pro series line. They are hard to beat when installed and tuned properly.

I have tested Dereks drop in cams and he is defintely on the right track to come out with a decent profile after more tweaking.
                          www.850fab.com
                          IG - @850Fab
                          FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Working...
                          X