Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Front Brake Pads & Rotors + Front Wheel Bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Brake Pads & Rotors + Front Wheel Bearing

So I need to get some new front brake pads and rotors, and also a new wheel bearing & hub for my front driver side. I was just wondering if all these were the things I need to get.

Rotors

Brake Pads

Front Wheel Bearing

Also these were the cheapest prices I found for the items.

is this for a wagon or sedan?

i think those brake pads say rear? i could be mistaken....

have you thought about upgrading to a Rotor-Over-Hub setup? (ROH)

like this:http://tasauto.com/Product/Detail.as...100&d=1706&p=1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post

It's for a sedan..and those brake pads do say rear

Comment

Is this for the whole car or just the front?

Comment

that set is just for the front.

those brembos and EBC Green Stuff pads are much better quality than you will find in that particular ROH conversion kit. They do sell the hub and bearing for doing the conversion but it is pricy.

-my 2 cents.
          Last edited by mtnbikaah; 01-20-2011, 07:18 AM.
          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

that set is just for the front.
            I think imma just stick with what I got. I just want to make sure that wheel bearing set is all I need to replace the bearing and hub.

Comment

im gonna take the time and threadjack here if thats ok. does anyone have a better price on this? i need the same setup, if thats the best price thats totally fine with me, but if anyone knows where to get it a little cheaper that would be great.

also, im looking at getting new tie rod ends, the ones i have currently grind into the wheel if i turn too far to the right or left. i ground them down a little but it still does it at extremes. if anyone knows where to get those at a good price.

last is a loose steering issue, and rough ride. the loose steering is when i turn left. i had the front end checked but no one found anything. i think i have narrowed it down myself to one of three things.

1.the driver side lower ball joint, i replaced the passenger side one not too long ago.
              2.driver side spindle. there seems to be a bolt missing or rusted off or something where the spindle meets the upper control arm. i took it to two shops and both of them said that it wasnt anything to worry about, that what im looking at is just a cover, but im not so sure.
              3.springs struts etc. when i go on a dirt or gravel road bumps seem very dramatic like the car is going to fall apart.

i also have to get new front pads soon so i cant just hit it all at once. ive been driving it like this for a while so something will have to be done soon, if anyone has any suggestions for further troubleshooting id appreciate it.
              War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
              --John Stewart Mill--

Comment

Originally posted by 93excb7 View Post
                im gonna take the time and threadjack here if thats ok. does anyone have a better price on this? i need the same setup, if thats the best price thats totally fine with me, but if anyone knows where to get it a little cheaper that would be great.
                Make your own thread.

also, im looking at getting new tie rod ends, the ones i have currently grind into the wheel if i turn too far to the right or left. i ground them down a little but it still does it at extremes. if anyone knows where to get those at a good price.
                We got my friends from autozone

last is a loose steering issue, and rough ride. the loose steering is when i turn left. i had the front end checked but no one found anything. i think i have narrowed it down myself to one of three things.
                Whoever checked it should've seen your tie rods. Take it somewhere else.

1.the driver side lower ball joint, i replaced the passenger side one not too long ago.
                Always replace in pares.
                2.driver side spindle. there seems to be a bolt missing or rusted off or something where the spindle meets the upper control arm. i took it to two shops and both of them said that it wasnt anything to worry about, that what im looking at is just a cover, but im not so sure.
                Are you talking about the axle nut or the dust cover? There is a dust cover for the upper ball joint. It's two bolts. The axle nut bolts onto the end of the axle. It's a giant nut right in the middle if your rotor.
                3.springs struts etc. when i go on a dirt or gravel road bumps seem very dramatic like the car is going to fall apart.
                Find some place that KNOWS what they're doing, have them check your suspension

i also have to get new front pads soon so i cant just hit it all at once. ive been driving it like this for a while so something will have to be done soon, if anyone has any suggestions for further troubleshooting id appreciate it.
                I'd do it all at once. As long as you're down there, why not?
                MRT
                37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                Originally posted by Tippey764
                I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Working...
                X