INT: clock modification (easy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: clock modification (easy)

ok, everyone knows that the DC2/4 integra clock fits perfect and so a lot of people swap it, just pop out the old clock from the left side with a hack saw blade (thin and could move around the clips on the clock)... unplug it, (4 wire plug), then plug in the integra clock and ur set, well pop it back in, anyways, here is my twist on it...

i did this mod last night and it is siick having a white clock for change right, well this kinda killed it, cause when i switched on my headlights it got really dim and kinda didn`t impress me cause it was a dull white, so i popped it out and took a wild guess and cut or severed the red wire for the clock wiring harness, and it was the dimmer light wire, so now at night it is hella bright and wether the lights are on or not then the clock doesn`t change brightness, hell, even do it if u have a stock clock, it glows and is a cool DIY, later-

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

yeah man. we have all known about this already. There's a thread already on this but im too lazy to look.

O yeah it has pics too =)_

Comment

yea there's another thread, but it's an easy mod. btw, why does the clock dim anyways, to save power? is it safe to cut the dimmer wire?

1991 Accord LX

Comment

clock dims to match the rest of the interior panel and instrument cluster lighting to eliminate glare. this also reduces fatique to the eyes at night. a bright light in a dark cabin can have some affect on that. yeah yeah i know but what can a little clock in the middle of the dash do right? i'm just saying...

but for the idea, good job on it.
        1cor10:31
        - 92 LX coupe
        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
          clock dims to match the rest of the interior panel and instrument cluster lighting to eliminate glare. this also reduces fatique to the eyes at night. a bright light in a dark cabin can have some affect on that. yeah yeah i know but what can a little clock in the middle of the dash do right? i'm just saying...

but for the idea, good job on it.
          stigmatism doesnt help either
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i have a slight stigmatizm, lol.. but ya, i knew the clock thread was made, but not the one on the dimmer, i just did it cause it looked very shitty and dull at night, thought it was a good idea...

Comment

Originally posted by LXaccord92
              well this kinda killed it, cause when i switched on my headlights it got really dim and kinda didn`t impress me cause it was a dull white, so i popped it out and took a wild guess and cut or severed the red wire for the clock wiring harness, and it was the dimmer light wire, so now at night it is hella bright and wether the lights are on or not then the clock doesn`t change brightness, hell, even do it if u have a stock clock, it glows and is a cool DIY, later-
              Ok did you just cut the red wire?
              Also, what if i cut the pin on the connector...will that work?

Comment

ya, as long as it isn`t making a connection... any connection point can be taken apart.. like what i did was get shrink tube from home depot and i cut the wire (a section like .5inches long) then put the shrink tube over the two ends and heated it up, so it looks like the wire is torn and i fixed it but really they arent touching, the reason is, cleaner install....

Comment

Astigmatism.
                  To-Do List for Today
                  Be Awesome

Comment

i just did it, pretty cool with the dc2 clock.
                    -pax
                    Seattle, WA

Comment

Working...
                    X