Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Learned the lesson the hard way....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learned the lesson the hard way....

When senior members on this forum tell u something, listen to them lol.

Welding in metal >>> fiberglassing...

I previously restored my car and shaved the moulding with fiberglass and also rebuilt the q panels with fiberglass. Unfortunately someone hit my door and cracked the fiberglass, water got in, long story short it started rusting.

Unfortunately rust is really a cancer that won't go away. The rust came back on the fenders and qpanels.

This is why I decided to do it right the second time and never ever drive it again in the winter....

pics:

Unfortunately when it comes to my cb7, it has to be perfect, so im at it again....

opinions, comments, insults, any input welcomed.

Good to see you doing it right!
    Also glad to see you didn't give up and sell it. I know a lot of people would have and you have heart. Keep it up man!
    Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
    CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
    Coupe MRT

Comment

Originally posted by lilb_1979 View Post
      Good to see you doing it right!
      Also glad to see you didn't give up and sell it. I know a lot of people would have and you have heart. Keep it up man!
      nah man i don't think i could ever sell this. i'm driving an a8 right now and man, the cb7 is so much funner even though it has half the power. its gonna be around for a while. makes me feel at home lol.

im planning on finishing as much of the body i can this year, preferably all of it, do engine maintenance over the winter like timing belt, and spray it in the spring. i'll keep posting new pics as i progress.

Comment

can't say we didnt tell you so man...
        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Good job.
          My ride History:
          Accord 90 lx auto: Gone
          Accord 91 dx MT: Gone
          Accord 92 lx auto: Gone
          -----------------------------------
          1st to D.I.Y custom RED/CLEAR's

Comment

i could have told you that and im 21...both my grandfather, my father and my uncle do paint and bodywork...and as far as i can tell everyone..the less bondo and fiberglass the better
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167601 Click to see my new ride

Comment

is that tack welded? are u sure itll do the job?

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
              And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
              Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

looks like a long road ahead of you but keep up the hard work and keep us posted

ps what are you using under the tacked on panels to keep the old molding marks from rusting underneith the new plate that you have welded on there?? just asking

Comment

Originally posted by EGHseries View Post
                  looks like a long road ahead of you but keep up the hard work and keep us posted

ps what are you using under the tacked on panels to keep the old molding marks from rusting underneith the new plate that you have welded on there?? just asking
                  I just have it primed but i am going to seal it up from the inside aswell so no water gets it.

Originally posted by J3wman View Post
                  is that tack welded? are u sure itll do the job?
                  ya i was sceptical too but i tried prying off the welded qpanel and it shook the whole car, so its on there good.

Originally posted by carps_accord View Post
                  i could have told you that and im 21...both my grandfather, my father and my uncle do paint and bodywork...and as far as i can tell everyone..the less bondo and fiberglass the better
                  it was that one extra year of experience for u haha

i grinded down the tacks and added some fiberglass will update with pictures later tonight.

Comment

nice bodywork man, you seem to have some skill. im thinking of trying to shave my side moldings too.

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

Comment

Originally posted by Pazzword JDM View Post
                      nice bodywork man, you seem to have some skill. im thinking of trying to shave my side moldings too.
                      thanks man, it all just takes time...

another little project i've started...

i previously had put tsx projectors with e36 halos. i was lucky enough to get a good price on a4 projectors + the ballast, so i decided what the hell, might as well throw em in lol.

and no the projector wont stay like that...

Comment

Looks like you did a goodjob welding 2nd time around, alberta winters are harsh man i know what you mean. I drove mine for the first winter last year and my q panels started to rust now too so im going to be cutting them out and welding them.
                        Last edited by 780Cb7; 08-13-2009, 01:04 AM.

Comment

welding always wins , that how i did my shaved molding , then threw a lil bondo to smooth things out

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                          -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

nice job!

well, owner before me, he did too some fiberglass fixin... now i have same job to do what you just did, pics coming some day, maybe then when i can do member car thread or something.

but hey, one bright side is in this, i'm studying become carpainter and car body repairer, so... no need practise customers cars then
                            WTS / WTB

Comment

thats looking real good,lets get those updates pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X