Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Heads up- H22A to F22A intake manifold adapter- $200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So are the dyno numbers at whp? Im assuming they are considering the baseline run was 80.
    Im curious to see charts on the h23 IM if anybody has a one lying around for comparison.
    www.PreludePower.com
    BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

Originally posted by BLUBB2 View Post
      So are the dyno numbers at whp? Im assuming they are considering the baseline run was 80.
      Im curious to see charts on the h23 IM if anybody has a one lying around for comparison.
      I'm confused about the dyno.... the baseline must not be on it

But the main gains on an IM swap are from the plenum, and the H22 and H23 have the same plenums. Runner length/diameter plays a part but the H22/H23/F22A6 are all pretty damn close

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
        I'm confused about the dyno.... the baseline must not be on it

But the main gains on an IM swap are from the plenum, and the H22 and H23 have the same plenums. Runner length/diameter plays a part but the H22/H23/F22A6 are all pretty damn close
        Maybe a good portion of the gains are coming from the adapter and the gaskets. With these installed it puts the IM further away from the head which reduces heat by a lot. I wonder what the gains would be like if you just used the adapter (if one existed) and gaskets with a stock (a1/a4) IM.

1990 CB7 - Almost Done - Delta 272, SRI, 2.25 catback, Bisi intake manifold gasket, A6 intake double stacked, H22 plenum, AEM cam gear, F23a block, F22a head, Wiseco K20 pistons, DSM 450cc injectors

2004 Z33 - Brembo BBK, Nismo spoiler, Nismo lip, Nismo shift knob, AEM CAI

Comment

those numbers seem odd... i can't see it being possible an f would be able to gain +30hp from slapping on an h IM without the help of a tune...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
          My Ride thread
          Flickr
          Originally posted by d112crzy
          And it can only get better. That's the best part.
          All I gotta really say is:
          People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

yea because a f22 stock form is a turd. at least a h22 has more rpm, more lift in the top end and more compression
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i was just looking at the dyno charts with the Skunk2 H22 mani and most of the gains seem to be around the 5500+ rpm range. now this could probably be different with a good tune since i think the charts were without tuning. now im still kinda new to all this but im not sure the extra $350+ for the skunk2 mani and a couple extra horsies in the real high rpm. like i said im not too sure but i still would love to see the gains of the H22 mani on our F22's and then compared with a skunk2 mani

Comment

Originally posted by CB7/KA8 View Post
                Maybe a good portion of the gains are coming from the adapter and the gaskets. With these installed it puts the IM further away from the head which reduces heat by a lot. I wonder what the gains would be like if you just used the adapter (if one existed) and gaskets with a stock (a1/a4) IM.
                I'm almost certain the adapter is metal... the gains ur talking about come from phenolic (plastic?) adapters/gaskets. The gains here are from the superior design of the H22 manifold over the shitty F22A1 mani.

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u View Post
                those numbers seem odd... i can't see it being possible an f would be able to gain +30hp from slapping on an h IM without the help of a tune...
                It's not 30WHP peak... that would be crazy. Plus their dynos don't match up with their claims, which is w/e. But I don't doubt the dynos which show significant gains at the top of the rev range, and nice gains throughout.

Are these gains more than those you'd get from the H23 IM? I really doubt it. The H22 and H23 share the same upper plenum and throttle body. But for ppl doing serious high end builds who want more IM choices this is a good look.

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

awesome, I will be purchasing this tomorrow.

as I am building my h23 for boost. but next is a h22 for boost.
                  so now I don't have to spend the extra money on an Intake Manifold.

It will not be installed until the engine is ready. But this is going to happen.

My only real question is involving the port flow?
                  The design is different, and they would have to slope the ports to match eventually.
                  Just not sure on how they got the runners to match up.
                  So with that said I am guessing the only real way to take full advantage of this is to go Forced Induction. Yummy!
                  MadLab Racing
                  Southern Maryland

Comment

this shall be on my wish list...mild n/a build this summer
                    -Tyler

Comment

I would be so down for this, but I need some folks to vouch for it, cause i'm still skeptical.

Comment

damn thats sick. If I still had my f22 I would be all over this. I would love to see a boosted f with this adapter and the skunk 2 mani, that would prob put out some nice numbers. P.s. If anyone needs a h22a mani pm me
                        ALL PARTS MUST GO
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157038

Link to my turbobuild/members ride
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=110483

Comment

WTF i just sold a h22 mani for $40!!!! WTF
                          1992 Honda Accord Lx
                          [/I][/I][/I]

Comment

why would you want this for a boosted engine? longer runners are good for N/A (to build velocity)........something you wouldn't need for a boost app.

Comment

anyone got this yet?
                              MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

1991 Honda Accord EX - MY NEW ONE
                              1991 Honda Accord LX - Impounded and GONE
                              1993 Honda Accord EX H22 - SOLD

BTW IM NOT TURBO.. I WAS GOING TO GO TURBO WITH MY FIRST CB.. BUT IT GOT IMPOUNDED

Comment

Wow looks a great product for any F22a build, thanks for posting the link.
                                Current:
                                2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                                1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                                1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Working...
                                X