Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing badges from the rear of the car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing badges from the rear of the car?

I've heard many different ways, but I was never too sure, and I'm sorta at the point where I wanna remove mine and replace them with some different ones. I don't want to ruin the paint. So... suggestions?

I've heard just 'clonking' it off with a screwdriver, but I fear that'll ruin the paint. I've also heard using a hairdryer and melting the glue.

putty knife or a flat head. If your careful it wont do anything to your paint.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty91 View Post
      putty knife or a flat head. If your careful it wont do anything to your paint.
      hmmm, I dunno about that. Is there a more safer way? Cause there's a possibility of the paint being ruined that way isn't there?

Comment

fishing line. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I always use a putty knife but Type G has a good idea. After it is off use an eraser wheel to get the old double sided tape off. Clean emblems, retape then simply stick.
          http://WWW.DUBWISE.NET

My Job!

9DUBWISE 92 LXhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142580

RHD ITR conversionhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172577

Comment

I used a fresh razer blade. Took a little longer because I was being extremely careful, but it worked great.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

heatgun.

melt the glue and go for it. Works like a charm

Comment

A little off topic but... I used to work at an Autozone in RI. A kid comes in with his moms brand new Saab(Something An Asshole Bought). He starts talking about how he was trying to make it look better for her by taking the emblems off. He started telling me how he started going about it and I listened until he said he tried an sos pad... I go outside cuz I had to get a look at this. He got the emblem off but used a dry sos pad to get the glue off. The paint all around the emblem was fucked. even down to the metal in some spots and this was a brand new car...wasn't even his haha. The kid was damn near in tears when I told him that will NOT buff out and will need to be repainted professionally. I would have luaghed in his face but I felt wicked bad for him.

So the point of that little story...don't use an sos pad haha.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                  fishing line. later.
                  This.

If you do use a screwdriver/knife, etc, wrap it in a towel or cloth of some sort but dont use too much pressure or the tool may slip/break through the cloth and fuck your paint up.

Originally posted by Bongo View Post
                  wicked
                  Of your entire tale, this one word made me LOL. Lol. Sorry. I love the NE "wicked" thing.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Thank you everyone! I think I will heat it up with the heat gun, just sounds like a safe option.

Comment

Originally posted by YOanthony View Post
                      Thank you everyone! I think I will heat it up with the heat gun, just sounds like a safe option.
                      Well if you go that route be sure to evenly distribute the heat....don't just let it sit on one spot or you will effectively ruin the paint as well, or at the least discolor it.

Comment

I you are removing the Accord and EX badges any of the ideas above will work. I used fishing line and goo gone.

If you are removing the Honda or H badges, there are holes underneath. The H is even recessed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobermann View Post
                          I you are removing the Accord and EX badges any of the ideas above will work. I used fishing line and goo gone.

If you are removing the Honda or H badges, there are holes underneath. The H is even recessed in.
                          I was going to remove all of them. The Accord and EXi badge, and also the H. So with the H, how would I go about getting that off?

Comment

Originally posted by YOanthony View Post
                            I was going to remove all of them. The Accord and EXi badge, and also the H. So with the H, how would I go about getting that off?
                            Dry SOS pad.

Comment

Well you could snap them out carefully and run around with 4 small holes in the trunk. They are only 3/16th or so.

Or if you are like me, you will be bothered by this and grind the paint off near it, spot weld the holes, grind flush, smooth with bondo, and repaint the trunk.

Comment

Working...
                              X