No announcement yet.

Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much reshaping/molding/cutting did the rocket bunny spoiler need?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
      Thanks for the props H311RA151N. While I like going in a different direction with my build, it's cool to know that there are other people out there that like it as well.
      I want an S13 just to put the rocket bunny kit on it! I never thought about putting the rocket bunny spoiler on a CB. It's so aggressive but it flows surprisingly well!

Originally posted by Lucien View Post

I too am interested in this information... I don't want to say I'm going to copy you but I'm honestly looking into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        What did you pay to have the panels reupholstered? I was quoted $250.
        I paid $30 a panel but I wish I had gone with a more professional place.
        Originally posted by Lucien View Post

All I did was cut the rear section out so it didn't go past the taillights. Other than that, direct fit.
        Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
        I want an S13 just to put the rocket bunny kit on it! I never thought about putting the rocket bunny spoiler on a CB. It's so aggressive but it flows surprisingly well!

I too am interested in this information... I don't want to say I'm going to copy you but I'm honestly looking into it.
        I've wanted a 240 myself but I have the truck now and it's close enough for me given that it has a boosted ka24 under the hood.

As far as the spoiler goes, by all means go for it. I was the first one to do it and that's all I was really looking for so I don't mind if others emulate my look.

Comment

Did a bit of work on the car this past week. Swapped in my ESP 5 speed mount and t bracket as well as some Energy Suspension tension rod bushings. Now the car chirps hard into second and feels much more solid. Also changed around the intake configuration and changed it from 2 3/4 inch diameter to 3 inch. The car sounds a little more aggressive now.

Comment

I've had an M2W4 that I bought from a friend a while back that had bad synchronizers just lying around fro quite some time and recently I acquired an M2S4 that wouldn't go into reverse. I, being the brave technician I am, decided to split them open and make one good transmission. After some playing around I found my issue and got it back together tonight.

Comment

Looks like it was quite the headache. I have never seen a breather on the transmission before.
              Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Normally it's just a small tube, and there may not be space for it to fit, but I'd rather have a filter over it than nothing.

Comment

nice trans work, what did you use as reference material for the trans work?
                  CB7TUNER.com
                  Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

I basically just started taking apart what looked like it needed to come out. The only thing I got hung up on was the snap ring that held the bearing in the case and I ended up just googling that.

Comment

Picked this bad boy up from Losiracer2 and got around to fixing it and partially installing it today while I was swapping out a wheel bearing. I've been wanting one of these for quite some time now so I was thrilled when I saw it was up for sale. Took it to a local machine shop to have two cracks welded on it then it was test fit time.

As you can see, my old Megan Racing header sat really close to my a/c lines which also made it a pain to install and remove, more so when I had the header wrap on it.

Call it quality or call it common sense but the GReddy header gives the a/c line tons of room.

Here you can clearly see the differences between the two.

Now one thing that gave me a moment of pause was seeing the difference in piping sizes between the GReddy downpipe and the Megan Racing downpipe. I can only think that the small piping size was an effort to maintain low end torque as well as keep it CARB legal.

As of right now I'm running a hybrid setup out of necessity (GReddy top half, Megan Racing bottom half). Within the next week or two I'll have the GReddy lower half re-welded with new material so that it is the proper length and have the proper flange. I'm looking forward to seeing the difference between having the larger diameter piping with a 2.25 collector versus the smaller diameter piping with the 2.5 collector (since everything from the header back is already 2.5 anyways).

Comment

Picked up a new sticker. Also decided to finally swap in my Ichibahn spark plug cover and I honestly think I like it more than the carbon kevlar. Grabbed a new AEM filter for good measure.

Comment

Nice spark plug cover!!!
                          Accord Of The Month January 09
                          Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                          BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Thanks Richie!

Some updates:

Last edited by Mike1357; 10-18-2014, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Comment

Nice wheels! Your car flows really well.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                                X