X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The order has accepted a new guard

https://imgur.com/yVBNvhX

The newest member:
    2013 Accord Touring. 49k miles. ACC is difficult to see in this picture. It works wonderfully.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Holy Accords Batman! Congrats!
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Thank you.

Only two are mine. I justified buying this new one with the distances I'll be driving to my new job. Just commuting hits 17,000 miles per year.
      MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Where you at now?

Comment

Still live in Clarkston. Work is in Howell. Long, but easy drive. I literally drive opposite of traffic during both rush hours.
          MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

That's about 30 miles, same as me to work. I'm doing 80 the highway though so it only takes me 30 minutes to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
              That's about 30 miles, same as me to work. I'm doing 80 the highway though so it only takes me 30 minutes to get there.
              Googles got me at 32 miles and 46 minutes.
              I don't mind it at all. Very little traffic on my side, and they're all doing 10-15 over.

I'm also supposed to drive somewhat for work, so I've got to factor that in too.

I'm reading the manual, and it's shown me how to put the windows down and open the sunroof from my remote. It's cool and works great! But, I haven't found the section where they tell me how to close them again.
              MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

30 miles isn't much. I drove that for 10 years in my old 1992 wagon. Moved closer to work so now I drive half the distance. Which is good since my only roadworthy cars are V8's
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

30 miles is fine. I actually prefer it over my last commute, which was only 22 miles. But the roads are much different. 20 miles on Telegraph is very stressful, whereas M59 (at least this section) is peaceful and scenic.
                  MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

What is ACC?

And congrats!

I love the current gen accords. The Sports are so damn nice.

And I drive about 30 miles each way to work too.

Comment

Good choice! Congrats!

27,300 miles a year for me...I should get a newer vehicle.
                      52.5 miles until we move.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                        What is ACC?

And congrats!

I love the current gen accords. The Sports are so damn nice.

And I drive about 30 miles each way to work too.
                        I very much like it too. I've got a new buffer and wax on my "to buy" list. After that is all sorts of accessories like trunk trays, floor mats, block heaters, and door sills.

ACC is adaptive cruise control. It brakes when someone is in front of me and slows down, and speeds back up when they get out of the way. It's fantastic.

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                        Good choice! Congrats!

27,300 miles a year for me...I should get a newer vehicle.
                        52.5 miles until we move.
                        I'm hoping I don't get that high. Commute for me is 17,000, and I have to drive for work. They pay for mileage, but I really hope it's not an additional 10k.
                        MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I would be nervous of the ACC. How close does it allow you to get before it starts braking? Then when it speeds back up does it go pedal to the metal or ease in?
                          ~Nick~
                          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

It allows me to set the distance, and the distance is variable with speed.

So, picture I have 5 distances to choose from. (Numbers following are made up, the manual does specify them.)
                            The closest is 50 feet away at 40 mph, and 120 feet away at 70 mph.
                            The furthest is 100 feet away at 40 mph, and 300 feet away at 70 mph.

When a car moves out of the way, it will flash an indicator at my saying it doesn't see a car, and it is going to speed back up before it does so.
                            So, no pedal to the metal. It's actually very relaxed and timid.

It has its uses. Thick rush hour traffic is not it. The closest distance perfectly sets you up to get cutoff. The drive I'm going to be doing it should work fine.

Changing the topic slightly:
                            This engine is almost a 160 hp boost over my CB7. It's just obscene how fast it is.
                            This morning I took it on the freeway and found a straightaway. No issues at all hitting 125 mph. I stopped it there because the tires aren't the greatest. Maybe when I replace them I'll do another speed test and see what it takes me to.
                            Last edited by GeoffM; 07-13-2015, 02:53 PM.
                            MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
                              Googles got me at 32 miles and 46 minutes.
                              I don't mind it at all. Very little traffic on my side, and they're all doing 10-15 over.

I'm also supposed to drive somewhat for work, so I've got to factor that in too.

I'm reading the manual, and it's shown me how to put the windows down and open the sunroof from my remote. It's cool and works great! But, I haven't found the section where they tell me how to close them again.
                              Unfortunately, you can't close them with the remote. Not sure why because it sort makes that feature a lot less valuable.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X