No announcement yet.

The order has accepted a new guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that's kinda weird that you can open the windows, but not close them. I get the point of the feature, to let hot air out of the car as you're walking to it in a hot summer day (maybe other reasons as well, but that's the use that makes most sense to me...) Still, if I'm sitting inside and my windows are open, and it starts raining unexpectedly, it would be nice to be able to close the windows remotely! It would keep both me AND the interior of the car dryer!

Anyway, nice choice, Geoff! I sat in a 2013 model at the 2013 Philly car show. I fell in love with it. I really didn't want to like the newer, larger-seeming Accords (I know, they're not really that much bigger than the CB7... they just feel that way.) But it was incredible. I liked it better than many of the German luxury brands I sat in.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
      Unfortunately, you can't close them with the remote. Not sure why because it sort makes that feature a lot less valuable.
      Is it possible with the remote start II system? I'm not really sure of what that offers over the remote start I system. Plus, the pictures they show in the catalog are of the I remote, not the II remote. Nice and confusing.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Yeah, that's kinda weird that you can open the windows, but not close them. I get the point of the feature, to let hot air out of the car as you're walking to it in a hot summer day (maybe other reasons as well, but that's the use that makes most sense to me...) Still, if I'm sitting inside and my windows are open, and it starts raining unexpectedly, it would be nice to be able to close the windows remotely! It would keep both me AND the interior of the car dryer!

Anyway, nice choice, Geoff! I sat in a 2013 model at the 2013 Philly car show. I fell in love with it. I really didn't want to like the newer, larger-seeming Accords (I know, they're not really that much bigger than the CB7... they just feel that way.) But it was incredible. I liked it better than many of the German luxury brands I sat in.
      I was very much the same way (in worrying about the new big cars) but I think they made them better over the 8th gen. The EPS isn't as distant as I was expecting, so you can still get a feel for the road. It's not as connected feeling as the CB7 though.

My argument for being able to close them is more along the lines of accidentally hitting the buttons in my pocket.
      What makes it even more fun is you CAN close them with the actual key. You just have to be at the car, take the key out of the holster, put it in the handle and hold it in the lock position until all the windows close.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

That's something, at least! Better than having to start the car to roll up the windows!

Honda's EPS isn't bad at all. I do prefer the more natural hydraulic assisted power steering of the CB (even with my sloppy original rack and pinion and tie rods...) My Fit has EPS, and I rarely notice it. The steering is a little numb, but it tells you plenty once you get used to it. I've done some pretty fun things in the Fit
        One bad thing about EPS is that if your VSS fails or is disconnected (as the mechanic left mine after replacing my clutch), your power steering will be on 100&#37; at all speeds. Normally, the level of power assist decreases as speed increases. Since it's electric, and it relies on a VSS signal to adjust the power level, it won't know when to adjust.
        100% power steering at 65mph is downright terrifying. If you sneeze, you're in a ditch!

Comment

Well that sounds terrifying.

I'm thinking about stock for stock replacements for the life of this car (OEM, not autozone) and having the dealership do the bulk of any work that happens for the first 100k-140k. Timing belt included. It looks like there's not much in the way, I just want to keep the brand new car feeling for as long as possible.

So... VSS issues should be covered. Hopefully.
          MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

My Fit didn't really start giving me any issues until about 180k, so if your more expensive car is as well-built as my little cheapie, you should be good! I only used OEM parts until I hit about 300,000 miles. Then I started using cheaper junk.

Comment

First day of the drive today and ACC worked well in the morning. Only lifted my foot once to brake, and it did it for me.

On the way home was a different story. It did work well, but as expected it's conservative approach left me open to getting cutoff in rush hour traffic. I quickly ended it and drive by hand.
              MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

How she holding up!?

I went ahead and got a 2013 EX this past August. I love the damn thing, and like you, want to keep it as new and mint as long as possible. It smells dreamy inside, a mix of new car/ Honda dash scent. I love it.

I don't have all the sensing like you. Just backup camera and lane watch, which is great but I really wanted the handsfree and dual climate which I have.

Now that I am familiar with the lineup, if I had to do it all over again id want a 6spd v6. Everyone raves about that j35.

Its funny though, I did not expect this car to get up and go so well. Especially if I throw it in sport mode. She moves really well.

CVT is not annoying like my old Nissan. Sometimes has a hesitation when coming to a stop but otherwise, it's good.

Comment

Working...
                X