Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

7 or 8 in wide wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 or 8 in wide wheels?

I want to put 16" sportmax 002 low et wheels but i dont know what widths fit! i would like to get the 16x8". what has to happen for those to fit with a 2 in drop in the front and a 1.7 in the rear. (tein s-tech springs)

It depends on the offset of the wheel, you might need to get your fenders rolled and a good camber kit is always recommended.

There's a few threads here explaining in detail how to run wide wheels on our cars. There was also a handling magazine that used our car as a platform and they ran 17x8 on it. I don't know what the offset was though.
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

7 is 205 , 7.5 is 215 , 8 probably 225.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204 View Post
        It depends on the offset of the wheel, you might need to get your fenders rolled and a good camber kit is always recommended.

There's a few threads here explaining in detail how to run wide wheels on our cars. There was also a handling magazine that used our car as a platform and they ran 17x8 on it. I don't know what the offset was though.
        do you know the name of that mag?
        Accord SE

93se
        Members Ride
        Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
        Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

I have 16x7 and it sits flush, I don't know the offset though, I am dropped like 2.5"

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

This was the magazine I was referring to, its more of a handbook actually

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70367

And this is the thread with info on wide wheels.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ide+wheels+FWD
            1993 Accord EX
            2011 Subaru STi

Comment

These are the rims i want.

the problem with them is if i get the in a 7" width they lose the second part of the lip and the surface around the "rivets i guess" gets painted!

Comment

19TcappaLX

hey bro go with the 7'' they look hot to me.

Comment

i have 7.5 in front and 8 in rear. looks good i think with a wider stance.

Comment

I would have to say 8

Comment

It all depends on the offset.
                      You've only referred to the offset as "low".
                      How low are you talking?
                      +30? +20? 0?

1999 BMW M3
                      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

mine is +38 and +45

Comment

i think the 8in wheels in a lot better. and you get a bigger contact patch.

Comment

it doesnt say on the site

http://www.xxrwheels.com/sportmax_002.shtml

the low et is labeled as part of the name.

all the site says is the the 16x8 has a 3.5in lip for everything except the silver which i dont care about.

should i just get them and do what i have to do to make them fit? (ei. rolling fenders and getting spacers)

Comment

im running 7.5 18" rims with a +40 offset, for some reason only the passenger side wheel rubs like hell whenever i make a left turn.

don't know if this is happening for others, mind you i do have about a 3.5" drop

Comment

Working...
                              X