So is that what a Bachelors get's you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is that what a Bachelors get's you?

Things arent too bad with what im doin. But i find a lot of free spare time and wanted to get the hell out of the house. So i've been looking for a gig. And ofcourse, i could use the extra cash

Browsing craigs for a job, I came across an ad for a technician at the San Diego EYE bank. Yeah..

Well, read the first line of the add and it went as such

"Must have a Bachelors degree in biological sciences or equivalent work experience or demonstrated aptitude"

Scroll down to see compensation,

$10 to START

Really? Could they possibly mean any thing else other than 10 dollars an hour?!

I dont know about any one else, but if i spent all this time, and quite possibly all that MONEY for a BS in biology, i'd be PISSED to find out they start off at 10 an hour.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

"This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

dude it's one of those craigslist job spam crap..

trust me they try to get you to sign up for this crap website or send them money or somethign

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Times are rough for new graduates comin outta college but 10/hr for those credentials? Especially in the SD area...

Comment

X2 times are rough. Overqualified people are applying for jobs everywhere. You really have to know someone to get a decent job.

I just got a Bachelors in Accounting from a pretty good college, 3.8gpa and 3 years experience as a finance director. Currently looking for a full time job and, realistically, I'd be lucky to get ~14 an hour... yeah good thing I went to a state university and only have about 10Gs to pay off.

Comment

My wife gets paid more than that, and she works at JCPenney, as a regular associate (knock on wood). That sucks though...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
              X2 times are rough. Overqualified people are applying for jobs everywhere. You really have to know someone to get a decent job.

I just got a Bachelors in Accounting from a pretty good college, 3.8gpa and 3 years experience as a finance director. Currently looking for a full time job and, realistically, I'd be lucky to get ~14 an hour... yeah good thing I went to a state university and only have about 10Gs to pay off.
              Wow, I find that hard to believe, but if you say so then I guess it's true. Guess engineering just hasn't had as big a hit from the economy as other professions have.

Originally posted by Maple50175
              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

a bach. degree in psychology will get you about that much pay
                ____

Comment

The cost of living here in Pittsburgh is extremely low when compared to other big cities. I'm sure 30,000 here is equal to ~60,000+ in NY or DC.

But still, it's not much at all. I know a number of recent accounting graduates around here who make high20s-low30s. At the same time some of my friends who never went to college are making well over 20 an hour, BUT it's work I would never want to do.

The good thing about having a degree is that, you can get into companies that you can't get into without a degree, and then if you play your cards right, you CAN move up and quadruple that starting salary within 5-8years.

Comment

inquire about the position. many places will start you off low to see how you perform, and then evaluate you in like a month or two. if they like you they bump up the pay, if not then bye-bye

Comment

its sad but true
                      1993 Accord LX - Sold
                      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

fuck, soon the chinese will earn more than us

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                          fuck, soon the chinese will earn more than us
                          what do you mean? I already do earn more than you

i have a nothing degree and i make money because of my skill. not because of a piece of paper. Im finishing my AA degree and getting the fuck out. Probably completed more Math than most people in cali too.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

sucks to see but it's true. Also you gotta think about some stupid shit people study that is completely worthless and they think they're gonna make $$$ once they graduate. For instance, communications, psychology or art. Most of the people I knew with these majors don't have a job because they didn't do shit in college.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Im just happy I got a job. A lot of people out there without a job would be happy to make the shitty ass $8.55 an hour I make working behind the parts counter. Its not a lot at all or by any means but its better than sitting at home wishing I had a job.
                              How hard do you have to squeeze a baby to make baby oil?
                              H23 motor-H22 trans
                              Advance Auto Parts Retail Parts

Comment

Working...
                              X