How Far Have You Gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Far Have You Gone?

...on your own, without the aid of directions, written or other, including GPS.

No GPS.
    No Apps.
    No printed/written directions from Mapquest, friend, etc.

And I wanna know distance. Door-to-door. You called "___" and said Im driving to see you. I'll be there in _X_ amount of time."

Now I know that everyone starts off by getting/following directions to almost every place they go or they rode with someone and memorised it. That's how you learn where things are. This is more for the memorized portion.

Basically, what's the farthest most point you know how to get to, simply by memory?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Seriously, wtf? Drugs are bad, mkay?

I know how to get to my gmas house that's about 200 miles away, simply from riding in the car with my mom for the first 18 years of my life. Now I don't know if she had some sort of map or directions her first time, but I didn't use them.

Oh, and I can get to my step dads parents house... 350 miles away.

And Daytona Beach. My gma use to have a beach house there and we'd go every summer.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Drugs ARE bad Joshua. Very good observation. You're very astute.

That's not bad. I think, for me, it's probably about 250miles. Ive made trips farther than that but I dont think I could make them again without needing directions.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

I can drive from my house to my parents house without directions. According to memory, it's about 1700 miles.

Comment

How many times do you think you've made that trip?

Comment

From anywhere in Oregon really to Omaha NE. Made the drive 20+ times over the years.

About 1700-1800 miles, depending on what route you drive.
            Originally posted by wed3k
            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I can get to the beach house in the dark (I'm night blind), which is 390 miles away.

I can also get to cinncinati from the beach house, 643 miles. (fiancè family lives there)
              Cinncinatti from my house, 380 miles.

The Cinncinatti knowledge came from one trip with my fiancè. I paid attention to the whole trip, took in road signs and landmarks. Since then we have been about 5 times in the past two years.
              Last edited by dysfunk; 02-23-2012, 01:30 PM.
              92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
              2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
              2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                Seriously, wtf? Drugs are bad, mkay?
                Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

The first time taking a a trip? I will have to use a GPS

The second and third times i usually remember and don't need it anymore. These aren't very long drives though. The farthest i've ever driven is newyork city which is about a 220 mile drive.

Comment

I could drive from my house in Charlotte, NC to my uncle's place in Fallbrook, CA without directions if I wanted to.
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter
                    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

I can get to Chicago no problem from Cincinnati in about 5 or 6 hours. I don't use a GPS unit because the last time i used one, it told me to keep going in a circle.

Comment

Seattle to Boston, Straight shot on I-90. 3,100 miles 2 days straight
                        "There is nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation cannot prolong."

Comment

S.FL to SoCal, via I-10
                          2,751 mi, 1 day 19 hours

or...
                          S.FL to upstate NY, via I-95
                          1,349 mi, 22 hours 51 mins

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Yeah, yeah, yeah Gus....we all know about your trips.

Comment

I wanna do seattle, thats 2 days & a half

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                              X